British Speedway Forum
The Observer

Leicester Lions 2018

3 minutes ago, Big Al said:

So as somebody has said, leaves the door ajar for another change, at reserve. 

Kurtz seems to be very much "in favour" with the Lions management. I've just seen the farce of heat 2 at Monmore and I can hardly believe what I was watching. Embarrassing is the only word that comes to mind. So maybe JS is in line for the chop. But then again he has a habit of saving his bacon by scoring well at home.

You're right Sarjeant does seem to do well at home & looks faster than Kurtz & indeed as a better home average, it's away were he seems to have problems. The thing is, Piesczcek & Sarjeant both have rolling averages higher than their assessed averages ( 7.16 & 3.54), so when they have completed their 4h/4a, the team total will be around or possibly above the 42.50 limit which will leave less scope for a reserve change.

4 hours ago, Big Al said:

So as somebody has said, leaves the door ajar for another change, at reserve. 

Kurtz seems to be very much "in favour" with the Lions management. I've just seen the farce of heat 2 at Monmore and I can hardly believe what I was watching. Embarrassing is the only word that comes to mind. So maybe JS is in line for the chop. But then again he has a habit of saving his bacon by scoring well at home.

The only thing in need of chopping at Leicester, is the stuff growing out of Hans Andersen's face. Calling it a beard is an insult to beards. There must be a decent barber near Beaumont Park, the Leicester management ought to call him in.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, stevethelion said:

You're right Sarjeant does seem to do well at home & looks faster than Kurtz & indeed as a better home average, it's away were he seems to have problems. The thing is, Piesczcek & Sarjeant both have rolling averages higher than their assessed averages ( 7.16 & 3.54), so when they have completed their 4h/4a, the team total will be around or possibly above the 42.50 limit which will leave less scope for a reserve change.

So looks like it's Tuesday if any change/s being made then. Don't think the new averages have been put out yet, but maybe tomorrow.

I'm thinking that Danny Ayres had a PL average of 2.74 last season - don't think he's doing anything except NL this season - so could he come in for JS on that figure?

If so, would that give Leicester up to 5.0 to replace Kurtz (6.50 PL rider). Or has the heat got to me!!?

46 minutes ago, Big Al said:

So looks like it's Tuesday if any change/s being made then. Don't think the new averages have been put out yet, but maybe tomorrow.

I'm thinking that Danny Ayres had a PL average of 2.74 last season - don't think he's doing anything except NL this season - so could he come in for JS on that figure?

If so, would that give Leicester up to 5.0 to replace Kurtz (6.50 PL rider). Or has the heat got to me!!?

The new averages were released on the 29th June but for some reason they were published on the team declaration page of the SGB website, instead of the Green sheet page they usually appear on.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, stevethelion said:

The new averages were released on the 29th June but for some reason they were published on the team declaration page of the SGB website, instead of the Green sheet page they usually appear on.

Well it looks like the possibilities are a bit thin on the ground. James Shanes and Paul Starke (but not both) are names that looked possible but Starke seems to have three different averages! I just think that turning up to an away match, knowing that you're likely to be required for both opening heats and not having a bike in working order, ought to be a sacking offence. Kurtz is improving his Sheffield average, but I think we need somebody capable of winning races on away tracks and he hasn't shown that potential so far.

On 6/29/2018 at 6:06 PM, stevebrum said:

Imho Wells for King is a downgrade. Wright for Newman is a better upgrade however.

Although it's close Wells does have a higher Champ ave than King and last year had a higher Prem ave than King too!

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Although it's close Wells does have a higher Champ ave than King and last year had a higher Prem ave than King too!

Good point!

Can someone please tell me what other events are held at the Stadium that suddenly prevents Coventry from riding, when their fixtures were known ages ago.

I think this Sunday's has been called off because a lot of work is going on at the stadium over the weekend due to the Lions v Poole match being on TV the following day. Everything needs to look good and the track well prepared. Next Sunday's is probably due to some Football match being played somewhere.

• Haha 1

Being a bit paranoid after the Rye House fiasco I noticed at the box office last night that the list of admission prices had been removed. Will there be a new one soon with higher prices? Someone has got to pay for all the smartening up (grass cutting etc.), the erection of the Sheffield gantry over the start/finish line, and the electronic scoreboard that was on display last night

Happy Hunter - Nothing to worry about the gantry and score board already belonged to the Bates family and the costs of installation was done by stadium sponsors Paul Chapman and Sons 

Great initiative which is so obvious I'm surprised all clubs don't do it?!

On 7/6/2018 at 12:53 AM, Gemini said:

I think this Sunday's has been called off because a lot of work is going on at the stadium over the weekend due to the Lions v Poole match being on TV the following day. Everything needs to look good and the track well prepared. Next Sunday's is probably due to some Football match being played somewhere.

All of the Croats and French that follow the Bees :rofl:

• Like 1