British Speedway Forum
The Observer

Leicester Lions 2018

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

Is anyone left from the original 1-7?

Edit - so only Hans Andersen left.  That is shocking and not good for fans surely.  It shows ambition but at what cost? Time will tell.

Used 16 riders so far this year, that must be close to a record just four months in to the season  :o

One remaining rider from the start of the season, only one word necessary and that's ruthless. I personally think it's tough on Kristian but I totally get it given his dramatic loss in form & confidence. Scott Nichols always gives 100% and in bringing in Josh and Connor (great to see him given a chance) you've got two riders bang in form and should prove a much stronger reserve pairing. I wish Stuart Robson well, but I'm not convinced he's a number 2 but let's hope I'm proven wrong.

Just one other point, Leicester from all accounts are slowly changing the track surface through adding more shale, is that going to best suit their new line-up or their opponents, because if they have riders who prefer it slick then surely they're handing the advantage to their opposition? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stevebrum said:

I wonder if the 2 maximum changes brigade are going to be as critical on this as they are on Poole?

Absolutely....it's a nonsense that only one rider is left from their original line up.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, The Observer said:

One remaining rider from the start of the season, only one word necessary and that's ruthless. I personally think it's tough on Kristian but I totally get it given his dramatic loss in form & confidence. Scott Nichols always gives 100% and in bringing in Josh and Connor (great to see him given a chance) you've got two riders bang in form and should prove a much stronger reserve pairing. I wish Stuart Robson well, but I'm not convinced he's a number 2 but let's hope I'm proven wrong.

Just one other point, Leicester from all accounts are slowly changing the track surface through adding more shale, is that going to best suit their new line-up or their opponents, because if they have riders who prefer it slick then surely they're handing the advantage to their opposition? 

Josh isn't at reserve, Robson is reserve with Mountain. Auty takes his converted Championship average. Averages have been updated already on SGB website : Andersen 7.42 , Nicholls 7.35, Wells 7.09, Wright 6.19, Auty 6.03, Robson 5.52, Mountain 2.79. Total 42.39

• Like 2

Folk then wonder why Matt Ford and others dont bother with Team suits;)

The only ones making money out of this would be the manufacturers!

Its all completely bonkers. Anyone with any doubts about where speedway is going, need only look at the number of changes this season as a whole. Its bloody madness.

Time the SRA stood up to the Promoters. Riders pay out an absolute fortune to honour contracts. Then get dumped at the click of a finger, without any compensation. 

A very disillusioned Poole fan of 63 years.

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Absolutely....it's a nonsense that only one rider is left from their original line up.

It’s totally wrong and they even managed to out-Poole Poole :lol:

• Like 2

Are all stadia now fitted with revolving doors on the pits? The way things are going they should be.

Don't think it makes them stronger, but might be a bit cheaper without the Poles flights. Looks like a Championship team to me.

Half the riders who have gone this season have been due to injuries, and needing to make a change often impacts another rider to make the numbers work. Would you prefer they ran with R/R and three guests? If riders come in to do a job then score at two points below their starting average they can't expect to keep their place.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, GoldenGauntlet said:

Half the riders who have gone this season have been due to injuries, and needing to make a change often impacts another rider to make the numbers work. Would you prefer they ran with R/R and three guests? If riders come in to do a job then score at two points below their starting average they can't expect to keep their place.

Which riders are two points below their averages? Bjerre? Any others? The Piesczek was doing well and Sarjeant was riding to his average. Both could have ridden for the club for the next five years, Nicholls and Robson won’t.

Clubs should keep riders and invest in them, like companies investing in their staff. 

Daft.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Which riders are two points below their averages? Bjerre? Any others? The Piesczek was doing well and Sarjeant was riding to his average. Both could have ridden for the club for the next five years, Nicholls and Robson won’t.

Clubs should keep riders and invest in them, like companies investing in their staff. 

Daft.

Just Bjerre. I wouldn't have dropped Pieszczek based on his performances (although his form had dipped recently), but I can understand that they wanted more strength at reserve so had to make another change. As for investing in riders in the hope that they stay for 5 years, good luck with that - there is little loyalty on either side in British speedway these days. 

• Like 1

Guessing that Auty a lot cheaper to employ than the Polish lad and probably get Scotty on better deal than Bjerre so maybe this is cost cutting exercise as much as anything.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, GoldenGauntlet said:

Just Bjerre. I wouldn't have dropped Pieszczek based on his performances (although his form had dipped recently), but I can understand that they wanted more strength at reserve so had to make another change. As for investing in riders in the hope that they stay for 5 years, good luck with that - there is little loyalty on either side in British speedway these days. 

Agreed, but there are some good examples of loyalty, Morris at Swindon, Cook and Fricke at Belle Vue and Thorsell at Wolves. All of those clubs have tried to be loyal to a number of riders. That’s the way it should be to establish a brand that can be marketed and followed. 

• Like 1

Some of the team changes that have just been made at Leicester are just because of averages not fitting for example James Sargeant he would have been kept instead of Mountain but his average is too high.

From what I have heard the rationale behind KP going to be replaced by Auty is the amount of away meetings to be completed where it is believed Auty will score .

Another consideration was if the club had not replaced Krystian today and he rode at Swindon his average would have gone up as his official average would be higher than his current assessed one due to some previous high scores at home.

With Bjere his performance has not been up to the expectations especially in the big heat 13 and 15 situations.

The changes may not work but after the last two meetings they needed to try something 

• Like 1