British Speedway Forum
The Observer

Leicester Lions 2018

Utter sh1te..5 points from our top two. Hang your head in shame, because i really can't be arsed anymore.

Edited by Liontamer

The way i feel right now, just put us out of our misery & close the club down. We've been crap year after year & I've had enough now. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Liontamer said:

The way i feel right now, just put us out of our misery & close the club down. We've been crap year after year & I've had enough now. 

Moving up a league far too soon and doing changes to the track much too late. The decision to move into what was the Elite league came before the club had grown any proper roots and was a personal vanity project which has never been recovered from. The EL said "yes please, we need some new whipping boys," and it's pretty much stayed that way.

8 hours ago, Big Al said:

Moving up a league far too soon and doing changes to the track much too late. The decision to move into what was the Elite league came before the club had grown any proper roots and was a personal vanity project which has never been recovered from. The EL said "yes please, we need some new whipping boys," and it's pretty much stayed that way.

Except Somerset have got their act together this season.  Leicester were tipped to make the play offs - and probably would have done with their original team but we will never know.  The current team isn’t going to stop the Lions winning the wooden spoon this season as they are cast adrift at the bottom of the table.

9 hours ago, Big Al said:

The old boys club  wanted Leicester in the Elite league and Hemsley  wanted his massive ego polished  , Bspa were desperate for the Sky money because they were 2 teams short  on account of their attempts to close Coventry and Peterborough ,  The  track was of course another balls up  by Hemsley  and his mad bitch wife  . when you think back to what might have been without Hemsley its very sad .  Leicester city's amazing run in football din't help matters either as , the uncommitted were more likely to buy a Leicester city shirt to parade about in than watch a poor team on a rubbish track , it's unlikely that the supporters Hemsley lost the club will ever return , lets just hope the dire straits the whole of speedway is in ,forces a radical new plan , 

Oh well - as they say when you bottom of the pile as we more than likely will be come the end of the season .... the only way from here is UP !!!

This season is now gone .. so gotta look to next year and hope that we at least some some effort from the riders as they see out the rest of the year.... gotta say I don't think it helps when one of the Promoters comes onto the public microphone after last weeks home match to slag riders off about their form or effort and so on ... not saying it shouldn't be done but do it in private and face to face at least IMHO.

Lions need support now when times are tough or there won't be any speedway at Leicester before very long - so stick with it through the bad times is the most important item on the agenda at the moment .... come on you Lions !

Cheers

6 hours ago, Steve0 said:

Except Somerset have got their act together this season.  Leicester were tipped to make the play offs - and probably would have done with their original team but we will never know.  The current team isn’t going to stop the Lions winning the wooden spoon this season as they are cast adrift at the bottom of the table.

Yes and Somerset have been around for some while now, got themselves a sound record of success earned over the years and in doing so built up some good relationships with riders. You reap what you sow. One of Leicester's problems is the new owners are still to an extent reaping the results of the previous owner's problems most f which were of his own making. The Vaculik signing was a big attempt to break free from those shackles and I'm sure the work they've put in over the past two seasons has done a lot to repair the reputation of Leicester amongst riders. 

• Like 1

I think you guys have had a very unlucky season. If that Vaculik incident hadn't have happened and bates hadn't broke his back then things may be very different. 

You will at least finish 1 place higher than last season (i jest)

10 hours ago, Steve0 said:

Except Somersets a club thats progressed nicely and is well established with a great racing track and expierienced promotion and management :rolleyes:

21 hours ago, Liontamer said:

i personally think that not having josh bates at either leicester or sheffield has done either club any favours.yes ,i do understand that accidents happen but to put yourself in that position to start with......well enough already said.

Leicester have to be the unluckiest team ever - whatever team they put out at the start of the season always ends up being modified significantly due to injuries. If they'd managed to retain Vaculik Bates and King I think it unlikely they'd be in this position now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gresham78 said:

Leicester have to be the unluckiest team ever - whatever team they put out at the start of the season always ends up being modified significantly due to injuries. If they'd managed to retain Vaculik Bates and King I think it unlikely they'd be in this position now.

We'll never know what impact  Vaculik would have had, but the unavailability of Bates & King sound like convenient management excuses.

The recent changes have taken us back even further. Mountain is only there because of his very low average, which is all well and good if the team is stronger over all with the other riders brought in. Auty and Robson? I rest my case, their averages will only drop.

Let's face it, David Howe has probably doubled what Auty would have scored in the last two meetings, which has prevented the opposition from reaching the 60 point mark.

I wouldn't have minded a trip down to Poole tomorrow, but money has put a stop to that, Bates Co have politely refused to pay me.

As a Lions supporter, my enthusiasm for the season end is as strong as ever.

31 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

We'll never know what impact  Vaculik would have had, but the unavailability of Bates & King sound like convenient management excuses.

The recent changes have taken us back even further. Mountain is only there because of his very low average, which is all well and good if the team is stronger over all with the other riders brought in. Auty and Robson? I rest my case, their averages will only drop.

Let's face it, David Howe has probably doubled what Auty would have scored in the last two meetings, which has prevented the opposition from reaching the 60 point mark.

I wouldn't have minded a trip down to Poole tomorrow, but money has put a stop to that, Bates Co have politely refused to pay me.

As a Lions supporter, my enthusiasm for the season end is as strong as ever.

Not sure convenient is the right word.    Its fact.    Those brought in are 2nd choices, that's fact.     Robson is a poor signing as he's well over the hill.

Edited by Mark

Looking on the speedway gb site, Ricky Wells rolling average is based on 8 matches, should they not be counting his matches from Rye House in 2017 too?

Edited by szkocjasid

Good luck to Connor doing 3 leagues great rider hope he does well