British Speedway Forum
The Observer

Leicester Lions 2018

According to this mornings Leicester Mercury; Robson and Mountain are out, Howe and Starke are in. 

Edited by 40-38

41 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

According to this mornings Leicester Mercury; Robson and Mountain are out, Howe and Starke are in. 

Well at least they haven’t thrown the towel in yet.  How many riders is that now? Shocking!

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

Well at least they haven’t thrown the towel in yet.  How many riders is that now? Shocking!

Unbelievable

I thought mountain looked good last night. Very unfair on him. 

He gets shafted by Ipswich and now Leicester. 

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

But he's been moved into the Sheffield side. I hope the lad has a decent sense of direction and a good satnav

I can't find anything on the net about this but it's definitely in the hard copy of the local paper. 

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

Nearly as many as Poole. Definitely strengthens them however.

51 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Has made some good progress this year. It’s always the younger reserves that get shafted too.

2 hours ago, 40-38 said:

I can't find anything on the net about this but it's definitely in the hard copy of the local paper. 

Regional papers these days are often about 2 weeks+ behind with anything that isn't mainstream, or assaults and murders. Maybe they still catching up with Leicester's team changes from last week!! You can hardly blame them for getting confused, the poor little interns.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, 40-38 said:

Dont forget that these changes were made before last nights meeting, before the transfer cut off and therefore last nights scores were not taken into consideration. I was impressed with both Robson and Mountain last night.

• Like 2

If this information is genuine and correct, seems like it is with the purpose of trying to get a win at Hyde Road on Monday and move off the bottom of the league. Those two could outscore what Robbo and Mountain would get, and along with Auty if fit again, might make up for the probable deficiencies of Nicholls and Wells. Bit of a long shot though, and a real farce.

I actually emailed Leicester Speedway and asked for clarification (yes I'm that sad) . 

I was told that they now intend to stick with the original team, so now there is no changes. An article will appear in the Leicester Mercury newspaper.

Why they didn't say this themselves...............who knows. 

I think for next season its better if they just let Hans run things

33 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

I think for next season its better if they just let Hans run things

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

What an utter joke. Laurel and Hardy appear to have taken over the promotion of Leicester Speedway :rolleyes:

If it weren't for being cast adrift by the cut off you do wonder if the riders would have turned round and told them to do one after that.

Edited by 40-38
  • Like 1