British Speedway Forum
The Observer

Leicester Lions 2018

I bet that Hans' final average will be under 8. Very useful indeed if the "only one over 8" is applied again, for him and whoever employs him! 

1 hour ago, Big Al said:

I bet that Hans' final average will be under 8. Very useful indeed if the "only one over 8" is applied again, for him and whoever employs him! 

Hans average from 1/9 was 8.00.  According to the figures on Lions website, which have been updated since last nights meetings, his rolling average now stands at 7.56, which makes him much more employable for next season. Good work  by Connor Mountain too, after his 9 points on Monday his rolling average was 2.97 , after 8 pointless rides last night, he managed to shave 0.50 off & now stands at 2.47, which has the promoters have said they intend to use him next season, after signing as an asset, means they will have 0.50 to use elsewhere in the team.:t:

If you fancy spending the evening with Danny King and helping the GB Young Lions at the same time then everybody is welcome at the NSSC this Thursday.

"DANNY King, one of Speedway's nice guys, makes a welcome return visit to the NSSC on Thursday 13th September.

Having had to sit out most of the 2018 season due to what is proving to be a long-term injury, we hope that Danny can update us on his progress and on his aim to make a full comeback in 2019."

The event is at the Brandon Club on Thursday 13th September starts at 8pm.

We hope to see you there.

Venue: Brandon Club, Main Street, Brandon, CV8 3HW

Entrance fee for members £1.00

Entrance fee for non-members £3.00

Assuming that league stays largely as it is, I would say that from this year's riders, based on their performances and final averages the two that made the best case for being signed for next season are Andersen and Wells, with Mountain also doing ok and looking like he will improve next season. Lions really need another decent heat leader who can give us a bit more in heats 13 and 15, and a number 6 who is going to be able to get some big scores and put something on their starting average. For third heat leader/second string, Nicholls, Wright, King, Pieszczek, and Newman all did ok, and would be worth consideration for next season. Sarjeant would be an ok number 7, but is maybe now as good as he's going to get and Mountain looks a better bet for that position - having both at reserve would leave Lions too weak. I would guess that Bates will likely come back in as a second string, barring further out of season self-inflicted injuries. 

Simon Stead has stepped down as manager of the Lions.

Mr Bump All will become clear very shortly why Simon could not continue as the Leicester TM.

I thought that he did a very good job in difficult circumstances with injuries 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, flagrag said:

Mr Bump All will become clear very shortly why Simon could not continue as the Leicester TM.

Me too. He’s a good man. Shame we couldn’t have had the successful season the club deserved with him at the helm.

Managing two teams having the strength to prop up their respective leagues and avoid end of season fixture congestion/rider injuries associated with play offs, are probably things that Steady feels may be difficult to sustain and therefore deliver to that standard again. (Believe it or not, I actually liked Simon as a person).

Stewart Dickson takes over as co-promotor and team manager.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, flagrag said:

Lions and Tigers in same league then.....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Lions and Tigers in same league then.....

Certainly looking that way

Great first signing The tinkerman mr Jose Dickson coming in hope he Becomes the track man as they need someone who knows what to do with a tractor to make a good prepped track 

• Confused 1

So with 2019 signings being made already (Mountain and Dickson) it would seem Master Bates has an inkling of what the 2019 format should/will be?!

If fixed race nights are dropped and a different rule for doubling up/down is introduced then I can see both Sheffield and Leicester in the SGBP.

Edited by Skidder1