British Speedway Forum
The Observer

Leicester Lions 2018

Good luck Stewart this will be good for both parties. Loads of experience, great manager, great trackman and will be popular with the supporters whichever league Leicester are in.

Great addition to Leicester , Stewart Dickson is a great tactician and team manager, he is also very passionate

10 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Lions and Tigers in same league then.....

Unfortunately just because they want to drop down doesn't mean they will be accepted into the Championship so I wouldn't bet on that yet. 

On 10/4/2018 at 5:15 PM, Gemini said:

Unfortunately just because they want to drop down doesn't mean they will be accepted into the Championship so I wouldn't bet on that yet. 

More a case of the whole of the current Premier league will "drop down" I think. Statement from Damien Bates stressing the separation between Sheffield and Leicester, so I very much doubt that Steady would have carried on. Hopefully at last the Lions have someone with the right set of skills to steer the club. If only he could build a replacement track...

• Like 2

On 10/4/2018 at 8:35 AM, mac101 said:

Great first signing The tinkerman mr Jose Dickson coming in hope he Becomes the track man as they need someone who knows what to do with a tractor to make a good prepped track 

Says the club and fans need stability, riders they can relate to. Does that conflict with his (self proclaimed) Tinkerman reputation?

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 6:15 PM, Gemini said:

If they want to drop down and no team wants to step up, and I can see any wanting to, I could be one league.

I don't think that will be happening, although I wish it would so we get to see a bigger variety of teams and more fixtures. Hopefully Big Al is correct.   I suppose we will find out soon. 

Edited by Gemini

Stepping down, staying where we are? joining one big league?  who knows right now? whatever the outcome it does look like there will be speedway at Leicester in 2019.
Seems a good place to start, now to wait and see what develops over the winter.

Edited by 1 valve

If you go to a thread called The Way Ahead in the General Discussions section, there's a post titled Pathfinder Report 2018.

I've absolutely no idea where this has come from, or how genuine it is. It's been there a couple of weeks now, but still hasn't been met with any response.  So I'll stay skeptical about it's authenticity. It has the look of some kind of commissioned report with proposals for the future leagues and teams structure.

Any clues??

2 hours ago, Big Al said:

If you go to a thread called The Way Ahead in the General Discussions section, there's a post titled Pathfinder Report 

Interesting read. However the way it is structured does not follow a format a consultant would utilise to cover such a topic. Also it is missing basic financial (past and future) factors so most probably been written by a well meaning fan rather than somebody engaged on an officially retained basis.

• Like 1