British Speedway Forum
The Observer

Leicester Lions 2018

Its definitely possibly certain maybe

Any way you look at it, it’s going to happen.

Possibly.

• Like 1

Assume Lions will lineup with Vaculik & Nilsson as their top two, who else would you want?

Przedpełski?

Difficult since I hope both Ipswich & Sheffield are top tier next year (ignorant of press releases to the contrary), which would likely rule out King, Bates & L Bjerre.

Edited by Col

Assume Lions will lineup with Vaculik & Nilsson as their top two, who else would you want?

Przedpełski?

Difficult since I hope both Ipswich & Sheffield are top tier next year (ignorant of press releases to the contrary), which would likely rule out King, Bates & L Bjerre.

I can't see Sheffield going into the Premier League. If they were, I'd have thought that they would have had Vaculik instead of Leicester. But you never know.

Przedpełski?

I thought that the BCL teams were going to race on separate nights to those chosen by the BPL teams therefore avoiding the BPL teams having to use guests for their missing BCL loanees.

If this proves to be so then such as Leicester can still use the likes of KIng, Bjerre & Bates can they not?

Sheffield won't be allowed to cone up now as you carnt have a promoter/ owner of 2 tracks racing in the same league.

IF the Premiership fixed nights are Mondays and Thursdays, and IF any or all of Sheffield, Ipswich and Redcar stay in the Championship, there will still be doubling-up problems, won't there?

So either those three would have to move up to the Premiership, or change their race nights. Wouldn't they??

IF the Premiership fixed nights are Mondays and Thursdays, and IF any or all of Sheffield, Ipswich and Redcar stay in the Championship, there will still be doubling-up problems, won't there?

So either those three would have to move up to the Premiership, or change their race nights. Wouldn't they??

Yes

Don't think that top averages riders in the Premier League should be able to double-up for a Championship. teams they should be using National League Youngsters. Also that League should not be a haven for old timers.

Edited by JAYSEEESS

Don't think that top averages riders in the Premier League should be able to double-up for a Championship. teams they should be using National League Youngsters. Also that League should not be a haven for old timers.

While the general point is not unreasonable I can't imagine there are many people who would think the NL would be better off without Jon Armstrong.

And would Isle of Wight be running if their pool of potential signings were restricted by the exclusion of Ben Wilson and James Cockle?

And if David Mason had been kicked out of the NL five years ago would he still have been around to save Birmingham?

But If the chosen nights for BPL teams are Monday & Thursday then such as Leicester will presumably ride on Mondays so as to avoid Sheffield riding on Thursdays.

But If the chosen nights for BPL teams are Monday & Thursday then such as Leicester will presumably ride on Mondays so as to avoid Sheffield riding on Thursdays.

You're missing the point, championship clubs will not be riding on the nights designated for premiership racing

• Like 1

You're missing the point, championship clubs will not be riding on the nights designated for premiership racing

I am not missing the point. I fully understand what is being considered. I was just trying to explain to a previous poster that there should be no fixture clashes even if a current BCL Thursday night team still wanted to keep their race night. As you have pointed out though this may not be allowed anyway.

Chapman stated in the star a few weeks ago that all non premier clubs who ride on Monday and Thursday had agreed to move nights.

• Like 1

Chapman stated in the star a few weeks ago that all non premier clubs who ride on Monday and Thursday had agreed to move nights.

The only way it could work! There just wouldn't be any logic to Sheffield Ipswich and Redcar carrying on running Thursdays if they remain in BCL. Not just from the point of view of clashes with Leicester but with the Premiership as a whole. I wonder if they've agreed willingly, though.