British Speedway Forum
The Observer

Leicester Lions 2018

Rider with an average under 8, surprised hes not wanted by his parent club, GP rider. The options are....

Woffinden

Because the rest have averages too high, have never ridden here or their owned by a club that are not riding at present/any more.

Piotr Pawlicki is 7.32. Hopefully back at Wolves tho.

Doesn't Woffinden also have connections with Neil Machin ? Could very well happen this move.

Woffy has stated he will always be happy to help Wolves out. If he was going to come back you can be sure if would be with Wolves. However he isn't coming back.

As of yesterday evening the SCB weren't aware of Vaculik's average - anymore than any of the other assessed riders!!

The SCB have asked for the full 'independent' list of averages which they expect to receive later this week. (As advised by Gordon Pairman to me yesterday!!)

Thanks for the update Skidder :-)

I like many are eager to learn what the various av will come out at.

No easy job as will they leave 2016/17 GSA as is. What do they do about riders in 2013/14/15 (not a massive list but still a list). You have riders who were younger in those years and have improved just as maybe some haven't or are not so good as they were back then.

Similar as to what do they do to assess young Poles who have ridden mainly against other juniors in POL EXL plus having never done UK. How do you assess those plus young Danes and swedes that MAYBE a promoter/manager may want to sign. There are plenty of exciting youngsters out there that are not brits who may have big future sin the Sport. Not naming any as want my team to get in first if possible ;-)

On the youngster under 21 situation it isn't really that major a job. If you take the top 2 juniors in each POL EXL team then you have similar (maybe not so many ??) in SWE and DK. probably no more than 30/35 riders max to give an assessment on, made easier as they are 21 or under and have never ridden in UK.

At least an early release of all this info then gives a level playing field for all those promoters/managers who may want to approach the riders if they are interested to come to UK and get that all important experience on our smaller/more technical tracks.

Lets also hope its made available to all and not just the inner sanctum of promoters/managers ;-)

Well at least the 'final 2017' averages are now on the BSPA website. I doubt the 'assessed list' will not become public (and why should it as long as the clubs know?) until the SCB have approved all the BSPA proposed rules and decided what category the assessed riders fit into.

Krystian Pieszczek now signed team looking good

Not a name I am familiar with. Averaged 1.544 (6.176 in our money) from 13 meetings in the Ekstraliga last year. Which is more than Kildemand, Sundstrom & Thorsell. Not totally representative of course as he could well have attained that average from reserve. Swedish stats unsurprisingly not as impressive, but still not bad 1,290 (5.16) from 8 meetings for Lejonen in Elitserien. Assume he starts on 4.00?

Edited by Col

I wouldn't be surprised to see other clubs make similar signings now we have set race days. To think some say the Premiership wouldn't be stronger in 2018. He's certainly a talent.

Not a name I am familiar with. Averaged 1.544 (6.176 in our money) from 13 meetings in the Ekstraliga last year. Which is more than Kildemand, Sundstrom & Thorsell. Not totally representative of course as he could well have attained that average from reserve. Swedish stats unsurprisingly not as impressive, but still not bad 1,290 (5.16) from 8 meetings for Lejonen in Elitserien. Assume he starts on 4.00?

Looking at those stats I guess he would be higher than 4!

Krystian Pieszczek certainly rode well at Lynn last season in the World u21 scoring something like 19pts.Should be a good addition to our league.Leicester are certainly going about their business not to finish bottom next season.

Edited by tellboy

From the success he has had in the past I would be amazed if its not at least 5 and it could be 7. Just going off Pawel P.

Great signings so far from the lions. Just a risk simply because neither have ever ridden in the UK.

He was in the 1 to 5 in the Extraleague for Grudziadz in 2017

Krystian Pieszczek certainly rode well at Lynn last season in the World u21 scoring something like 19pts.Should be a good addition to our league.Leicester are certainly going about their business not to finish bottom next season.

2016 it was - he scored 20 pts- that was his last season as a U21

• Like 1

From the success he has had in the past I would be amazed if its not at least 5 and it could be 7. Just going off Pawel P.

Great signings so far from the lions. Just a risk simply because neither have ever ridden in the UK.

Not much of a risk in my opinion terrific signings.

• Like 2

Pieszczek will struggle imo. Never ridden British tracks before apart from KL so it will take him time to get to grips with the British circuits.

Different set up over here.

Krystian Pieszczek. Great signing for Leicester. No doubt they mean business in 2018 and Krystian Pieszczek is a very good talent. Great equipment, fast gater and loads of potential.

Well done to Leicester.

• Like 3

Krystian Pieszczek. Great signing for Leicester. No doubt they mean business in 2018 and Krystian Pieszczek is a very good talent. Great equipment, fast gater and loads of potential.

Well done to Leicester.

Ditto

As of yesterday evening the SCB weren't aware of Vaculik's average - anymore than any of the other assessed riders!!

The SCB have asked for the full 'independent' list of averages which they expect to receive later this week. (As advised by Gordon Pairman to me yesterday!!)

Surely that should have been done , before they made that rule about '1 over 8'. Talk about shutting the door after the horse had bolted......

• Like 1