British Speedway Forum
The Observer

Leicester Lions 2018

Interesting team considering that you have missed out KP who they signed yesterday! So I dont think that will work. Ahahaha

Also Leicester have another big name on the way which I know for sure. Will defo be favourites for the league.

Also Leicester have another big name on the way which I know for sure. Will defo be favourites for the league.

😂

kyle newman it is then

Interesting team considering that you have missed out KP who they signed yesterday! So I dont think that will work. Ahahaha

Whoops - must pay more attention !! LOL

Whoops - must pay more attention !! LOL

No worries. I found it funny. Did like the team though. Would help with the lions if we actually knew your two signings averages. All we know it could be 8.50 and 7 or 8 and 5.

So it would be helpful.

No worries. I found it funny. Did like the team though. Would help with the lions if we actually knew your two signings averages. All we know it could be 8.50 and 7 or 8 and 5.

So it would be helpful.

We don't even know that. It could just as easily be 7.50 and 4 - all still pure guesswork until officially announced

• Like 1

I would not have Danny back.

You're in luck, he's never ridden for Poole.

King is what he is. A 3rd heat leader worth around his average, not much more or less. Looking at his stats throughout his career, it is pretty consistent. I'm not knocking him, but he isn't going to turn into a world beater or heat 15 difference maker.

I'd be fine with him in a team, but with realistic expectations.

• Like 1

King is what he is. A 3rd heat leader worth around his average, not much more or less. Looking at his stats throughout his career, it is pretty consistent. I'm not knocking him, but he isn't going to turn into a world beater or heat 15 difference maker.

I'd be fine with him in a team, but with realistic expectations.

Danny King's best average was in 2012 when he averaged 7.47 to be ranked 20 in the league. In 2016 he finished up with an average of 7.22 a ranking of 9. Last season he had a difficult start to the season on a home track which he has never been completely happy on but he improved to average 6.66 and be ranked 25. He was incidentally Leicester's highest averaging rider on away tracks.

Maybe Leicester have jumped the gun.

Things could change drastically. There's a reason no one else have signed anyone yet

• Like 1

Danny King's best average was in 2012 when he averaged 7.47 to be ranked 20 in the league. In 2016 he finished up with an average of 7.22 a ranking of 9. Last season he had a difficult start to the season on a home track which he has never been completely happy on but he improved to average 6.66 and be ranked 25. He was incidentally Leicester's highest averaging rider on away tracks.

I think we are agreeing here. Generally finishing in the 20s in the final averages puts you squarely in the 3rd heat leader bracket in an 8 team league.