Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Observer

Leicester Lions 2018

Recommended Posts

Just now, Teromaafan said:

So Sarjeant's average for Premiership (superior league) team building is 3.81 yet his Championship (inferior league) final average from last season was 3.33, how can this be right?

If he has an established top flight average then that's the one that counts.  Unless the BSPA apply a rule to suit him like they have with Clegg. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

If his 2017 Div 2 average is 3.33 then I think it would be fair to give him the converted Div 1 equivalent of 2.56. 

If he has an established top flight average then it's only fair they use that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using an assessment dating back to 2016 doesn't feel right. How the authorities (using that term loosely) work out these averages is complete nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Using an assessment dating back to 2016 doesn't feel right. How the authorities (using that term loosely) work out these averages is complete nonsense.

It's all nonsense. 

They are regrading riders like Tai to a 9 (or 8 it now appears), allowing some who have improved massively since 2016 to come back on an old average (Woryna), and then giving Clegg a 2 point average from his 4 meetings for Wolves which normally wouldn't qualify you for a new average. 

Depends who is asking as to who gets an average to suit.  The governing body haven't made one fair assessment yet on averages for 2018.

So some will get an advantage next year and some will be denied. All thanks to the pathetic efforts of our governing body to muck up the averages yet again. :angry:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Sarjeant starts on his 2016 figure of 3.81 it is terrible signing, he only averaged 3.33 in 2017 with Ipswich & Workington in the Championship.  It (4.65) wouldn't even leave enough for Eric Riss (5.75) to complete the team.  Terrible team compared to that which was mooted on here a few weeks ago.  I am assuming that Vaculik is assessed as starting on 9:00 & Pieszczek on 7.00.

Edited by Col

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most recent SGB average is 3.33 in CL which converts to, what, 2.++ for PL?

Rumour about him signing for Lions began a few weeks ago, so perhaps the club were trying to get his GSA verified before confirming him? Based on his form in 2017 I doubt if the club would have him at 3.81 whereas 2.++ could mean Kim Nilsson or similar as the final appointment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting, that according to the Leicester Mercury website , Sargeant as been signed on a full transfer & will become an asset subject to approval. It also states they are trying to avoid paying costly loan fees, with Josh Bates registration being owned by the club it only leaves loan fees being paid for Newman & King.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Most recent SGB average is 3.33 in CL which converts to, what, 2.++ for PL?

Rumour about him signing for Lions began a few weeks ago, so perhaps the club were trying to get his GSA verified before confirming him? Based on his form in 2017 I doubt if the club would have him at 3.81 whereas 2.++ could mean Kim Nilsson or similar as the final appointment.

Certainly hope you’re right about all this, otherwise as signings go this is a bit of an odd one! Suppose though the future of Josh Bates could have a significant bearing on all of this too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, stevethelion said:

Interesting, that according to the Leicester Mercury website , Sargeant as been signed on a full transfer & will become an asset subject to approval. It also states they are trying to avoid paying costly loan fees, with Josh Bates registration being owned by the club it only leaves loan fees being paid for Newman & King.

That must of cost all of a fiver.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

If his 2017 Div 2 average is 3.33 then I think it would be fair to give him the converted Div 1 equivalent of 2.56. 

2.56 would be a bargain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leicester have now got a complete team just awaiting to announce the last rider which will surprise a few as would not think he would want to come to the Lions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

If his 2017 Div 2 average is 3.33 then I think it would be fair to give him the converted Div 1 equivalent of 2.56. 

Which I believe if what it will be. Riders don't keep old averages when they achieve a new one in another league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×