British Speedway Forum
The Observer

Leicester Lions 2018

9 hours ago, flagrag said:

Leicester have now got a complete team just awaiting to announce the last rider which will surprise a few as would not think he would want to come to the Lions.

Hmmmm, robert lambert ????

8 hours ago, SCB said:

Which I believe if what it will be. Riders don't keep old averages when they achieve a new one in another league.

And absolutely what it should be

Its the most recent true reflection of his performances

My original post was just highlighting the fact that this basic principle has been ignored by not reassessing the likes of Woryna and allowing (it appears but subject to confirmation) Morley and Zach W to use their 2nd tier 2016 figures

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Hmmmm, robert lambert ????

Don't think so.

11 hours ago, flagrag said:

Leicester have now got a complete team just awaiting to announce the last rider which will surprise a few as would not think he would want to come to the Lions.

Holder?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

He has an established average 

Yes I know and I also know that is the one that will most likely be used but I just think it would be fairer to use his most up to date average which is a truer reflection of his current form.

26 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Holder?

The signing will be a “high-profile” one according to the mercury....

If as expected Vaculik is 9.00 and Pieszczek is 7.00 Lions only have 6.90 to play with .... so KK ? 6.86   or maybe  Ricky Wells 6.75 ?

If Pieszczek is a 6.00 rider ? then we have 7.90 - Hans Andersen 7.75 ?? Greg Zengota 7.79 ?? ........

Then we need confirmation that Bates is ok ... if not then Michael Palm Toft please....

Regards

11 hours ago, flagrag said:

That suggests he's simply coming for the money or his preferred club can't fit him in, rather than him having a liking for the track. I'd doubt we'd get the best out of him under those circumstances, unless he's fired up and out to prove a point of course.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Al said:

Holder?

Oh god no. :o

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

And absolutely what it should be

Its the most recent true reflection of his performances

My original post was just highlighting the fact that this basic principle has been ignored by not reassessing the likes of Woryna and allowing (it appears but subject to confirmation) Morley and Zach W to use their 2nd tier 2016 figures

Exactly.  So anyone that signs a rider on a false average is getting a head start on others by signing a ringer. 

49 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Or maybe we’ve wangled it to fit Zagar in. He’s top around Beaumont Park. Hehe

6 minutes ago, Mr Bump said:

Or maybe we’ve wangled it to fit Zagar in. He’s top around Beaumont Park. Hehe

Holder only slightly behind Zagar in his dislike of BP, the last time he should have ridden for Poole here he suddenly developed toothache, this after riding for Poole at Belle Vue in the morning, with Poole 'conveniently' having Fricke lined up to guest in the evening. So can't see him coming to Leicester.

2 hours ago, Gemini said:

Ok maybe not. How about KK then?

Or maybe we’ve convinced Lebedevs that this time we’ll sign him & actually give him a ride?