British Speedway Forum
The Observer

Leicester Lions 2018

On 12/24/2017 at 8:56 AM, foreverblue said:

Newman is more than capable of beating most reserves consistently, probably won't be at reserve very long though. 

I was talking about Sarjeant.

9 hours ago, Col said:

I was talking about Sarjeant.

I know, I was just pointing out Newman may prove to be one of the better reserves so may not be at reserve long so they may need a rider that is at least capable of beating other reserves.

In team building terms, IMO you only need one reserve that will win races, if Sarjeant is only going to have 3 rides because Newman (or Bates/whoever when Newman moves into the top 5) why waste the 1.81 team building points to the detriment of your top 5?

7 minutes ago, Col said:

In team building terms, IMO you only need one reserve that will win races, if Sarjeant is only going to have 3 rides because Newman (or Bates/whoever when Newman moves into the top 5) why waste the 1.81 team building points to the detriment of your top 5?

Yes I agree but surely you need a rider that can compete with other number 7's or it is a likely zero points for those 3 rides. It seems likely that Sarjeant will be a 2.56 and is well worth that average in my opinion, very difficult to improve the team much with only a extra .56 to play with.

1 hour ago, Col said:

Sarj will be about 2.6. So at best they could have saved 0.6 of a point and there is not a single 2 pointer who is as good as Sarj, especially now they have changed the start regs. Think of all them races where Sarj gates first and it gets called back and he then runs a last, now make them 2 or 3 points for him and suddenly you have a 5-6 point rider.

14 minutes ago, SCB said:

Sarj will be about 2.6. So at best they could have saved 0.6 of a point and there is not a single 2 pointer who is as good as Sarj, especially now they have changed the start regs. Think of all them races where Sarj gates first and it gets called back and he then runs a last, now make them 2 or 3 points for him and suddenly you have a 5-6 point rider.

what are the new start regs?

Just now, foreverblue said:

what are the new start regs?

Don't touch the tapes, the start doesn't get called back.

7 minutes ago, SCB said:

Don't know why Hans hasn't been re-signed then!!

Didn't even know the new rules and regs had been released!

Edited by foreverblue

24 minutes ago, SCB said:

Where has this been confirmed please? I haven't seen it published yet.

6 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Where has this been confirmed please? I haven't seen it published yet.

It was in the reports after the AGM, the warnings have been scrapped as well.

• Like 1

Warnings scrapped and no restarts is what was stated

Nothing about what will happen to the rider though. They may just get away with it or they could be excluded retrospectively......

As ever no clarity

The problem is, if a rider touches the tapes but the race continues, and he team rides to a 5-1 with his partner, blocking every attempt for the opposing rider to pass, then get excluded after the race, he would had an influence on the race by team riding. 

Rather he was excluded, with riders having to go immediately around to the start, with no reserve replacement in the heat.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The problem is, if a rider touches the tapes but the race continues, and he team rides to a 5-1 with his partner, blocking every attempt for the opposing rider to pass, then get excluded after the race, he would had an influence on the race by team riding. 

Rather he was excluded, with riders having to go immediately around to the start, with no reserve replacement in the heat.

There was no mention of retrospective exclusions.