British Speedway Forum
The Observer

Leicester Lions 2018

There was no mention of anything aside from no warning and no restarts

So back to the 70’s and riders rolling into the tapes and trying to jump the start? Can’t believe that.

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So back to the 70’s and riders rolling into the tapes and trying to jump the start? Can’t believe that.

No, because the rules are clear, touch the tapes and you're out. This is back to how things were until about 3 or 4 years ago when referees went bonkers!

2 hours ago, SCB said:

Sarj will be about 2.6. So at best they could have saved 0.6 of a point and there is not a single 2 pointer who is as good as Sarj, especially now they have changed the start regs. Think of all them races where Sarj gates first and it gets called back and he then runs a last, now make them 2 or 3 points for him and suddenly you have a 5-6 point rider.

I'd have Sarj in my team on a 2.6.Would be the best No.7 in the league.Agree I think he will double that with the new rules.

Ref should be able to decide. Let it continue if the culprit doesn't gain an advantage, stop and exclude if he does. No replacement allowed, no 15 yard handicap. All remaining riders straight back to the start if it's stopped for an exclusion. If someone breaks the tapes it has to be a restart. Refs also need to release the tapes promptly.

On 2.6 not 3.8 he isn't a bad signing, dependent on the final rider.

7 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Ref should be able to decide. Let it continue if the culprit doesn't gain an advantage, stop and exclude if he does. No replacement allowed, no 15 yard handicap. All remaining riders straight back to the start if it's stopped for an exclusion. If someone breaks the tapes it has to be a restart. Refs also need to release the tapes promptly.

The issue is that referees have gone power mad and decided that there is no way some riders can be as good as they are so when they do make a start they call it back, unfairly.

How much of a kick in the balls do you think it is for Sarj every time he makes a start to have it called back. It’s not as if he’s rolling. If the referees are that good at telling Sarj has jumped get them in a bike instead because their reactions are immense.

16 hours ago, foamfence said:

It was in the reports after the AGM, the warnings have been scrapped as well.

On the  BSPA site? I must of missed this one!

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

On the  BSPA site? I must of missed this one!

Surely you mean 'HAVE' not 'OF'?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Gotta be in the region of 7.3 surely. If a big name is gonna represent the last heat leader position. I see the Lions being a formidable team at home in 2018. With some experience on away tracks they could hold a few surprises too I wouldn't wonder

11 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

So how many points are left for final rider? 

I reckon it will be 8.40 if Bates rides but they can only use up to 7.99.