British Speedway Forum
The Observer

Leicester Lions 2018

18 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Glad to hear you would be happy with Hans ;)

He rides the track ok especially coming out of bend 2 which is often where lesser riders come unstuck.

3 hours ago, Bradford Ace said:

Speedway Star saying Hans has signed for you guys although nothing official from the club or him yet??

Yep,  just read that too.

3 hours ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

He rides the track ok especially coming out of bend 2 which is often where lesser riders come unstuck.

Totally agree, and is more than cable of mixing it up with the very best i.e. Jason Doyle etc. in Heats 13 & 15.

So Lions are...

Vaculik    8.00
Bates    5.52
King    6.66
Pieszczek    6.50
Andersen    7.75
Newman    4.86
Sarjeant    2.60

Not a bad team at all & with 0.61 to spare in case a rider is under-performing at the start of the year.

• Like 1

If Han's is confirmed then this is the strongest line-up the Lions have had in years, plus with the influx again of ex-bees riders there should be a lot of Coventry fans willing to come and see some top racing at Beaumont Park. (Shrewd move by the management & marketing Team imo).

• Thanks 1

The pressure will be on Newman to deliver, early doors.

Can't wait to see Leicester V Rye House -- The Bees will win!! 

2 minutes ago, fliss44 said:

Can't wait to see Leicester V Rye House -- The Bees will win!! 

6-0 in every race!

3 hours ago, False dawn said:

6-0 in every race!

Except the heats with MV

5 hours ago, The Observer said:

If Han's is confirmed then this is the strongest line-up the Lions have had in years, plus with the influx again of ex-bees riders there should be a lot of Coventry fans willing to come and see some top racing at Beaumont Park. (Shrewd move by the management & marketing Team imo).

TBF if they really were after Bees fans they wouldn't bother with that twit Hans.

The announcement of the last Lion is just waiting on local media being able to run the story so should be in next couple of days. 

The PR Shots have been done with the rider in question and he looking forward to riding at Leicester in 2018 as thought that may have been frozen out of British Speedway this season.

29 minutes ago, flagrag said:

The announcement of the last Lion is just waiting on local media being able to run the story so should be in next couple of days. 

The PR Shots have been done with the rider in question and he looking forward to riding at Leicester in 2018 as thought that may have been frozen out of British Speedway this season.

I take it speedway star jumped the gun?

It's certainly already in the public domain. 

9 hours ago, Col said:

Vaculik    8.00
Bates    5.52
King    6.66
Pieszczek    6.50
Andersen    7.75
Newman    4.86
Sarjeant    2.60

If that is the 2018 Lions I think it will take some beating, just because of mixture of riders.  I have been trying to find riders where the 0.6 spare could be better utilised, but I'm struggling.  In terms of experience you have enough knowledge in GB racing from King & Andersen to pass on.  All Vaculik & Pieszczek have to do is go out there and be as fast as they can, winning as many heats as they can.  Even if Pieszczek struggles early on, having him at reserve with Newman & Bates in the team is far from disastrous.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Col said:

If that is the 2018 Lions I think it will take some beating, just because of mixture of riders.  I have been trying to find riders where the 0.6 spare could be better utilised, but I'm struggling.  In terms of experience you have enough knowledge in GB racing from King & Andersen to pass on.  All Vaculik & Pieszczek have to do is go out there and be as fast as they can, winning as many heats as they can.  Even if Pieszczek struggles early on, having him at reserve with Newman & Bates in the team is far from disastrous.

And that team will pull a lot of Cov fans to Leicester 

• Like 1