British Speedway Forum
The Observer

Leicester Lions 2018

I personally like the team for the fact we will always have a potential match winner at reserve (Newman or Bates) and second string (king or piesczcek). Plenty of strength in depth. Now just to hope we’re a bit luckier this season! 

• Like 2

I read that all seven rider suits are available for sponsorship and to own at the end of the season for a fee of £500. I only hope this season there isn't the usual merry go round of riders trying to squeeze into the same 7 kevlars.

So if the last rider is Hans, what's with the article in the Echo today, bit weird! :unsure::blink:

Might have to wait a bit longer to announce the 7th rider.  MF hasn't given his permission yet!!

9 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Might have to wait a bit longer to announce the 7th rider.  MF hasn't given his permission yet!!

Interesting, so Hans has to choose between Poole and Leicester?? ;) Maybe Leicester can have Chris, he might actually want to ride for them! 

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

I didn't know he was a Poole asset???

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Who cares. Swindon didn’t give Ford permission to steal Miedzinski. About time his pathetic oneupmanship was exposed.

• Like 4

Well the 7th rider was at Beaumont Park on Wednesday and was only too pleased to have his picture took as a Lion  and as expected said he is excited for the new season.

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Who cares. Swindon didn’t give Ford permission to steal Miedzinski. About time his pathetic oneupmanship was exposed.

Who cares. Peterborough didn’t give Swindon permission to steal Batchelor. About time their pathetic oneupmanship was exposed.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, flagrag said:

Well the 7th rider was at Beaumont Park on Wednesday and was only too pleased to have his picture took as a Lion  and as expected said he is excited for the new season.

Let’s hope it’s Hans. Clearly 2nd choice behind Holder and he has decided to sort his own affairs out rather than wait to see what teams are left and who may or may not want him.

I hope that hasn’t left the Pirates in too much of a quandary...

If they are haggling over the loan fee or transfer fee it could have caused Mr Ford to start playing games via the media.

Hans is, what, 38 but by no means over the hill yet. So Ford could be trying to get a better transfer fee than what Leicester are offering??

1 hour ago, Big Al said:

If they are haggling over the loan fee or transfer fee it could have caused Mr Ford to start playing games via the media.

Hans is, what, 38 but by no means over the hill yet. So Ford could be trying to get a better transfer fee than what Leicester are offering??

I don't think that's what is holding it up. It's all to do with Chris Holder I think. Read Skidder's post on the Poole thread, it makes the most sense imo.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I don't think that's what is holding it up. It's all to do with Chris Holder I think. Read Skidder's post on the Poole thread, it makes the most sense imo.

It does appear that way, time will tell

On 05/01/2018 at 7:18 PM, lisa-colette said:

Interesting, so Hans has to choose between Poole and Leicester?? ;) Maybe Leicester can have Chris, he might actually want to ride for them! 

We don’t want Holder !

Andersen it is. Happy with that! Half decent team for a change. Roll on the new season.

Edited by Mr Bump
  • Like 1