British Speedway Forum
The Observer

Leicester Lions 2018

Good to see the Lions with a strong looking team for 2018..Hope you join Lynn in the play offs ;)

• Haha 1

As a Bees fan of nearly 50 years and a staunch opponent of Leicester......

I will not be supporting the "Bees" this year and will be a Lions fans (but I will wear my Bees cap).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Grachan said:

Precisely because of that. They got Vaculik on 8.00, so it gave them more scope. They have, effectively, been able to build to 43.50. So they are bound to have a strong line-up.

True but can't fault Leicester at all they don't make the rules and have put together a good squad. I honestly don't think any team will come close to that team on paper tbh.

Handy looking side, sad to see Hans go as I think he has a lot to offer not just on the track but in the pits to great team man the younger riders can learn a lot from his experience 

Like most people I think that the Lions have put together a good team but I don't think we should be over optimistic. According to the rider's profiles on the Lion's web site Vaculik and Pieszczek have never ridden in Britain so we can expect that it will take some time for them to become accustomed to British tracks. Look at Wosniak for example - after two seasons he was ok at Beaumont Park but did not do as well away from home and Lions will need to pick up some away points if they are to get into the playoffs. There must also be a question mark over Bates - the last rider we signed who had had/was having personal problems was Davy Watt and look what happened to him. I think that, after the first set of Green Sheet averages come out, there could well be a change or two. Perhaps even a return of others from last season. To sum up - I am cautiously optimistic!

Was Kim Nilsson not considered for a return in 2018 or did he rule himself out for some reason?

3 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Good to see the Lions with a strong looking team for 2018..Hope you join Lynn in the play offs ;)

I agree, this is a strong looking side.     Just goes to show what can be achieved when the effort is put in.        This has to be to benchmark of all teams in the premiership,   

A big well done to the Lions.....        Last year they were favourites for the Wooden Spoon,   this year , I wonder what odds would be on them getting to the play-off.    

Skidder1 Kim Nillson has decided that he will not be riding in the UK at the start of the season as now has a regular place in Poland and wants to try progress his career on the continent.

I would not be surprised to see him back in the UK later in the year though 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pinny said:

Has there been official confirmation of why Vaculik is 8.00 yet other GP riders with previous averages have been reassessed to 9.00?

Because it's Leicester. Any other club he would have been a 9. 

Cheats!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Because it's Leicester. Any other club he would have been a 9. 

Cheats!

Apart from Poole,he would have been a 7:rolleyes:

TBH I think the assessment of Vaculik is spot on. 8.00 is very fair considering he's never ridden in Britain before. 

9.00 is too high imo.

3 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

TBH I think the assessment of Vaculik is spot on. 8.00 is very fair considering he's never ridden in Britain before. 

9.00 is too high imo.

Agree with you, I don't think he'll even achieve his 8 average.

British Speedway will certainly be a culture shock to him

Who will be doing the Leicester track this year? Been told Glyn Taylor is back?