Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Observer

Leicester Lions 2018

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Because it's Leicester. Any other club he would have been a 9. 

Cheats!

Apart from Poole,he would have been a 7:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

TBH I think the assessment of Vaculik is spot on. 8.00 is very fair considering he's never ridden in Britain before. 

9.00 is too high imo.

Agree with you, I don't think he'll even achieve his 8 average.

British Speedway will certainly be a culture shock to him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Because it's Leicester. Any other club he would have been a 9. 

Cheats!

Really !! & how do you work that out ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8.50 might have been more justifiable but until there is a proper Europe wide conversion rate which is set in October each year by an independent body it's always going to be unsatisfactory.

Anyway, the mantra of "build the team to the points limit" hasn't been followed, which might not be a bad thing if a change is needed in early season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Agree with you, I don't think he'll even achieve his 8 average.

British Speedway will certainly be a culture shock to him

The shock will be how unprofessional it is! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who is to say Vaculik will do well in UK at all, its going to be interesting to say the least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Because it's Leicester. Any other club he would have been a 9. 

Cheats!

Really !!, and why is that ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trackerman48 said:

Who will be doing the Leicester track this year? Been told Glyn Taylor is back?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Club Officials on website doesn’t show this, but not sure if it’s up to date ?, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, flagrag said:

Skidder1 Kim Nillson has decided that he will not be riding in the UK at the start of the season as now has a regular place in Poland and wants to try progress his career on the continent.

I would not be surprised to see him back in the UK later in the year though 

Thanks Flagrag. I thought there might have been some sort of swap deal involving Hans and Kim now that Messrs Ford and Bates seem besties??!! ;):D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/01/2018 at 9:19 PM, Big Al said:

8.50 might have been more justifiable but until there is a proper Europe wide conversion rate which is set in October each year by an independent body it's always going to be unsatisfactory.

Anyway, the mantra of "build the team to the points limit" hasn't been followed, which might not be a bad thing if a change is needed in early season.

8.5 and we would still have come in under 42.5, just ... based on Sarjeant being on 2.56

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think Saj will be good for you,will the new starting regs.

Plus Hans & Kyle have been known to to get away with the "occasional" roller lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×