British Speedway Forum
The Observer

Leicester Lions 2018

Got to like the work that has been done at Beaumont Park this winter. It is nice to be thought of as being competitive. 

Why didn't Sheffield just bring their top six to Leicester and add Vaculik 

Can see Leicester facing Wolves and Simon Stead brings out Daniel King to beat Kyle Howarth 

Then on the Thursday at Owlerton he brings out Kyle to beat King ..... This shows that one league was the way forward

Agree with TNT and TDM posts above but we are where we are as they say. Whilst I don't know Simon personally he came across as being a very honest person when taking part in post meeting interviews when he rode for us a couple of years ago. I just hope he has that ruthless (but preferably more subtle than Norrie) management streak when it is required to fire up riders. The familiarity of riders with management/owners should be to the clubs advantage, although this is Leicester and we are talking about speedway.

53 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

Well at least he won't be managing both teams in a relegation/promotion play off!

True. Maybe our supposed pre-season challenge match could be against Sheffield though. That would be fun.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GoldenGauntlet said:

I don't know why people feel the need to moan about this. Working as a TM 2 or 3 evenings a week should be something he can cope with.

Of course it is.  It is the potential conflict of interests.  Managing Howarth for Sheffield, whilst the same rider will ride against Leicester. 

Whilst you're talking about team managers, what about the comments made by Jim Lynch in this weeks Speedway Star. 'Shocked at losing his position at Beaumont Park'. Well most team managers in any sport who finish bottom of the league are sacked, didn't he know that!

And what about... "I do also have to say that I don't think I was supposed to win that last match against Sheffield."  So the riders didn't do that then, talk about blowing your own trumpet! He then continues stirring up the controversy again with, " I do wonder if the plan was that Sheffield would come up to the top league and Leicester would stay on Saturdays - so maybe inadvertently I got in the way of that!"  No Jim if that was the plan I'm sure you would have been made aware of it seeing as you're a top manager and can so influence the outcome of meetings. What a total d1ck head!!!!!!

What you omit to mention is that Lynch was also heavily involved in selecting or recommending this coming season's 1-7, before being chopped - all because Vaculik said he wanted Stead!!!

OMG !!, I love all of these 1/2 arsed personal opinions from 1/2 the facts being known, can we not just have a positive chit chat moving forward, its so much more positive !

6 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Calm down Chops.The Lions are looking good for 2018. ;)

Absolutely agreed, I can’t wait and looking forward to it - I’m all for this year

11 minutes ago, Smithchops said:

bsolutely agreed, I can’t wait and looking forward to it - I’m all for this year

I think you lot will be pushing hard for a play off spot.And should get one.We all know ,its not won in March,but the Lions look like they mean business ;)

Edited by Bald Bloke

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think you lot will be pushing hard for a play off spot.And should get one.We all know ,its not won in March,but the Lions look like they mean business ;)

Hope so, what a difference a close season makes - whats your view on your chances ? I think better, but limited strength & depth may cost you ?