Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
The Observer

Leicester Lions 2018

Recommended Posts

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 6:57 AM, Trackerman48 said:

Was talking to someone in the inside at Leicester and they was saying that the Bates family are going down a new route this season with new staff, as we have seen with simon stead some new track staff, and a new track man and with a good looking team. It may be Leicester year?????

Presumably some race-night staffing changes are needed because a number of former staffers can't do the Monday nights. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2018 at 6:57 AM, Trackerman48 said:

Was talking to someone in the inside at Leicester and they was saying that the Bates family are going down a new route this season with new staff, as we have seen with simon stead some new track staff, and a new track man and with a good looking team. It may be Leicester year?????

certainly looks good at the Lions den this coming season and I wish them every success. I would love them to do it at Sheffield next season, that track and stadium is wasted in the 2nd tier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, adonis said:

swap of league would be the best thing , Sheffield definitely premier , leicester definitely championship 

Why not both in the top tier, that was my thinking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your meetings could be fun

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The real reason could be frostbite of the goolies. He certainly likes finding unusual ways of harming himself. As they say in that part of the world, "daft as a brush". 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

The real reason could be frostbite of the goolies. He certainly likes finding unusual ways of harming himself. As they say in that part of the world, "daft as a brush". 

Yes. You would think he would know better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, time for the first team change, a month before the season starts! Looking at averages and who isn't fixed up with a Premiership team, it seems that former Lions Lasse Bjerre, Erik Riss and Nicolai Klindt would all fit. Any of these as a replacement would not weaken the team (Klindt maybe improving it).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

So, time for the first team change, a month before the season starts! Looking at averages and who isn't fixed up with a Premiership team, it seems that former Lions Lasse Bjerre, Erik Riss and Nicolai Klindt would all fit. Any of these as a replacement would not weaken the team (Klindt maybe improving it).

I hope you go Klindt. For his sake!!! You so don’t qualify for the SEC without being a good rider. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Teromaafan said:

So, time for the first team change, a month before the season starts! Looking at averages and who isn't fixed up with a Premiership team, it seems that former Lions Lasse Bjerre, Erik Riss and Nicolai Klindt would all fit. Any of these as a replacement would not weaken the team (Klindt maybe improving it).

I would think with the Sheffield connection Bjerre would be the obvious choice, it also probably strengthens the side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't rule the Barnsley lad out just yet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't think we can fit Lasse Bjerre in can we ?  If Bates not ready go for Michael Palm Toft - he rode BP well last year particularly in his last match there !

 

Cheers

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

Yes. You would think he would know better.

Yes, more meat and gravy needed........plus a spray tan. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Robbobee said:

Don't think we can fit Lasse Bjerre in can we ?  If Bates not ready go for Michael Palm Toft - he rode BP well last year particularly in his last match there !

 

Cheers

 

Providing the averages are Vaculik 8.00, Pieszczek 6.50, King 6.66, Andersen 7.75 Newman 4.86 , Sargeant 2.56 , we can fit Bjerre in . He is 6.10 we have 6.17 left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy