British Speedway Forum
The Observer

Leicester Lions 2018

1 hour ago, stevethelion said:

Providing the averages are Vaculik 8.00, Pieszczek 6.50, King 6.66, Andersen 7.75 Newman 4.86 , Sargeant 2.56 , we can fit Bjerre in . He is 6.10 we have 6.17 left.

I think if Bjerre fits then he is the best to take up the role.

according to the unofficial official averages ;) LB does fit and surely makes Leicester stronger, and IMO the team to fear most. 

On ‎03‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 11:33 AM, Robbobee said:

Don't think we can fit Lasse Bjerre in can we ?  If Bates not ready go for Michael Palm Toft - he rode BP well last year particularly in his last match there !

Cheers

Lasse would fit, but I certainly wouldn't have a problem with Toft, has always looked committed whenever I've seen him.

Would they need to redeclare or would they be able to use guests like Lasse from outside the league?

I would think they would have to re-declare or use the 1 month injury replacement.  If they do re-declare, if Serjeant or (more likely) Newman manage to increase their averages above that of Bates when the first set of GSA's appear it could be an interesting decision for the Lions management.

I think they'd try to keep it in the family if at all possible

4 hours ago, Col said:

I would think they would have to re-declare or use the 1 month injury replacement.  If they do re-declare, if Serjeant or (more likely) Newman manage to increase their averages above that of Bates when the first set of GSA's appear it could be an interesting decision for the Lions management.

It used to be that you couldn't have a facility for someone who hasn't actually ridden in the team yet - is that still the case?

8 hours ago, Steve0 said:

It used to be that you couldn't have a facility for someone who hasn't actually ridden in the team yet - is that still the case?

Depends who you are and your face fits.

9 hours ago, Steve0 said:

I don't recall anything to the contrary, so I assume the regulation is still in place. The season starts soon, and the 2018 rule book is still unavailable.

10 minutes ago, Blackadder said:

I don't recall anything to the contrary, so I assume the regulation is still in place. The season starts soon, and the 2018 rule book is still unavailable.

I believe you do have to re- declare the team as the injury happened before the first competitive meeting has taken place. No 28 day cover would be given so would have to be R/R. I'm sure this happened to Somerset once but don't ask me when and who for. 

14 hours ago, rebelwonderkid said:

I believe you do have to re- declare the team as the injury happened before the first competitive meeting has taken place. No 28 day cover would be given so would have to be R/R. I'm sure this happened to Somerset once but don't ask me when and who for. 

We had Ritchie Hawkins injured before the start of the 2008 season and replaced by Brent Werner. The same season when Tom Hedley bailed a few days before the start of the season and we had to sign Henning Loof before being replaced by Matthias Kroger. Amazing to think that's 10 years ago now!

The regulations only refer to re-declared teams:

16.5.3 No facility is permitted to replace a rider, who although included in a Re-declaration has not made an appearance for that Team since being re-declared.

Are the 2018 rules and regs available now??

18 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Are the 2018 rules and regs available now??

Please have some patience. They are due out on April 1st.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3