British Speedway Forum
The Observer

Leicester Lions 2018

Which club "owns" Lasse Bjerre as an asset? Was it Ipswich he started with?

If they can agree a sensible fee, it could be worth Sheffield/Leicester buying him outright rather than keeping on paying out loan fees.

As for Bates, well he could well come back in at some stage but Lions need to be harvesting the league points early season, as there are plenty of opportunities, so a re-declaration with Bjerre included would make most sense as long as the terms and bureaucracy can be sorted out successfully. 

31 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Which club "owns" Lasse Bjerre as an asset? Was it Ipswich he started with?

If they can agree a sensible fee, it could be worth Sheffield/Leicester buying him outright rather than keeping on paying out loan fees.

As for Bates, well he could well come back in at some stage but Lions need to be harvesting the league points early season, as there are plenty of opportunities, so a re-declaration with Bjerre included would make most sense as long as the terms and bureaucracy can be sorted out successfully. 

He started out at King's Lynn but don't think he is an asset of theirs.I'm sure i remember him being an asset of Peterborough whether that still remains i don't know.

Peterborough originally so most likely now Poole following the Readypower tie up of previous seasons

I would not read too much into that tweet as you have to remember that Lasse lives in Leicester as his U.K. base but agree would be the best option 

On 19/03/2018 at 1:59 PM, tellboy said:

He started out at King's Lynn but don't think he is an asset of theirs.I'm sure i remember him being an asset of Peterborough whether that still remains i don't know.

he was one or two meetings from automatically becoming a STARS asset then Peterborough signed him if I recall correctly

With Coventry's P & P day being postponed due to unsuitable track conditions this Saturday is Leicester's scheduled for the next day also at risk?

Coventry press and practice was last Saturday and the track at Paul Chapman arena is looking good I am told so Leicester P&P should go ahead, just remember that a number of riders are riding at Simon Stead’s farewell meeting At Sheffield on Sunday so may limit their practice at Leicester 

If todays List of GSAs as issued by the BSPA are correct Lions cannot fit Lasse Bjerre into the side in place of Josh Bates as rumoured to be the case !

List has James Sarjeant as a 3.00 rider ??? not sure where that has come from unless it's Matt Ford ( was a joke ! )

Palm Toft is the man for the role IMO

Cheers

They’ve put Jye average up to 4.00 for us too. 

Whilst I can understand them upping our averages, the increase to James is odd. 

1 hour ago, Robbobee said:

If todays List of GSAs as issued by the BSPA are correct Lions cannot fit Lasse Bjerre into the side in place of Josh Bates as rumoured to be the case !

List has James Sarjeant as a 3.00 rider ??? not sure where that has come from unless it's Matt Ford ( was a joke ! )

Palm Toft is the man for the role IMO

Cheers

where are these averages listed?

Plan B then at Leicester with the average changes as original planned replacement now has too high average.

How can averages change just as the season is about to start? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ouch said:

They’ve put Jye average up to 4.00 for us too. 

Whilst I can understand them upping our averages, the increase to James is odd. 

It has been the case for a few years that non British riders cannot have an average below 4 - it is not an anti Belle Vue stance in this case.