British Speedway Forum
The Observer

Leicester Lions 2018

1 hour ago, Glennylion said:

If there is a 28 day facility then it is madness not to use it. Rushing back after 17 days and being behind fitness wise or using facility and JB coming back fitter after 28 days . What is best for team is to utilise facility. What is best for JB is to use facility. USE THE FACILITY. Only issue is keeping finances in JB 's pocket.....

I am sure the family connection could support JB’s finances !

For me, we should be having a guest, and Palm-Toft fits the bill !

Only thing I am not sure about is the averages when will they change for the first time ? I am glad others support my view that a temporary replacement is the best option as going to struggle to cover the meetings 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, flagrag said:

Only thing I am not sure about is the averages when will they change for the first time ? I am glad others support my view that a temporary replacement is the best option as going to struggle to cover the meetings 

The averages are released on the 23rd of each month, to take effect from the 1st of the next month, so presumably the 23rd April will see the new averages released, by the 1st May Josh should be back anyway.

1 hour ago, stevethelion said:

The averages are released on the 23rd of each month, to take effect from the 1st of the next month, so presumably the 23rd April will see the new averages released, by the 1st May Josh should be back anyway.

................Only if a rider has completed 4H & 4A by the 23rd.

13 hours ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

It also confirms what I've always thought that Danny King must not be given a ride in heat 15 especially when the result is at stake.

I know someone else who has always had that opinion when Danny rode for the Bees. Not me by the way. 

9 hours ago, Gambo said:

With the current weather situation that's looking unlikely to happen for April then.

On 30/3/2018 at 11:31 PM, Gambo said:

That's just for assessed riders tho according to SCB rulebook. 16.2.1.6

Could be anything for established riders. Clegg only did 4 for Wolves and still got a new average. Ruling could be anything as they change them to suit. 

Pleased that the coffee aroma has a last reached the right place

I don't think I would be sticking my neck out if I said that with MPT we could be even stronger than before, at least at home anyway.

• Like 1

So Leicester now have the unfortunate situation of trying to replace their No1 rider only a few weeks into the season this is going to be a very difficult job trying to convince a GP quality rider to come and ride in the U.K. especially with the pressure that Poland put on riders.

Already Polish clubs and media are saying that U.K. racing is too inconsistent with not high enough standard of riders so high risk of injury. Although this does not apply to Vaculik incident that was due to unsafe track.

Leicester just don’t seem to get any luck with injuries to top riders like in 2017 Pawel P came in lasted one meeting Vaculik lasts one meeting so realistically who would Lions fans like to come in with Lindgren too high, Can Kildemand be persuaded to stay or Zagar 

5 minutes ago, flagrag said:

So Leicester now have the unfortunate situation of trying to replace their No1 rider only a few weeks into the season this is going to be a very difficult job trying to convince a GP quality rider to come and ride in the U.K. especially with the pressure that Poland put on riders.

Already Polish clubs and media are saying that U.K. racing is too inconsistent with not high enough standard of riders so high risk of injury. Although this does not apply to Vaculik incident that was due to unsafe track.

Leicester just don’t seem to get any luck with injuries to top riders like in 2017 Pawel P came in lasted one meeting Vaculik lasts one meeting so realistically who would Lions fans like to come in with Lindgren too high, Can Kildemand be persuaded to stay or Zagar 

I would have thought it’s easy, K Bjerre he only lives an hour away, big mate of Hans as well

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

I would have thought it’s easy, K Bjerre he only lives an hour away, big mate of Hans as well

Average too high Bjerre is 8.48, Vaculik just 8

• Like 1
  • Sad 1