British Speedway Forum
The Observer

Leicester Lions 2018

Anyone know if Leicester has any restrictions on days when they can/can't race?

No restrictions on race night only number of meetings in a year - and that's a pretty high number, well above that required.

Well Done Sheffield on securing a great signing for Leicester to get a top class racer on a gaters paradise

Not been Leicester this year then. Very much improved

• Like 2

Well done Leicester !!! Chuffed for the supporters as it's no good for the sport or club having the same team at the foot of the table each year. Let's hope they can challenge for honours.

Great shout Steve0. Certainly took me and quite a few others by surprise even with the knowledge of the Steady connection!!

I shall have to have a stern word with my sources!! :D

Why? Sorry I've been out all afternoon hospital visiting!! :icon_smile_clown:

Never professed to be anything of the sort!

My sincere apologies.

Great shout Steve0. Certainly took me and quite a few others by surprise even with the knowledge of the Steady connection!!

I shall have to have a stern word with my sources!! :D

Why? Sorry I've been out all afternoon hospital visiting!! :icon_smile_clown:

Never professed to be anything of the sort!

My sincere apologies.

So Lions fans who else do you want.

42 points limit.

I am saying its the same 8 teams in the top league. And i don't think Pawel P will be back just yet.

Saying Vaculik is a 8.

1. Vaculik= 8.00

2. F.Jakobsen=5.00 (If you him on that he could be a 6.50 by end of season)

3. H,Andersen= 7.75

4.Klindt= 5.78

5.Nilsson= 7.13

6.Newman= 4.86

7. Ayres= 3.00

Think this team would challenge for a title.Hans and NK doubt will be back at Poole and NK likes the lions and Hans will want to be near the Cov area if not at Poole.

I would like to watch this team. Has some good rider in it and really could have a title charge especially if Newman did not get injured.

My guess is that Vaculik will either be at Leicester or Sheffeld (if they decide to move up).

top class Steve0. :wink:

I'm just trying to think which idiot said he's nailed on for Poole. Lol.

It's the multi aliased one who is always wrong. Brandon Bob. :rofl:

This deal has been bubbling for a number of weeks but Martin wanted to wait until after the end of the GP season and whether he would have had the GP qualification rounds to do.

To me it's a very good start to signings for 2018 with a Leicester fans favourite from 2017 likely to be the next signing after the averages and format of league is confirmed at the conference.

There could also be another positive surprise signing for Lions fans in 2018 if everything fits into place with league structure

So Lions fans who else do you want.

They don't want a team of Poole cast offs... WTF do Poole fans think other teams are desperate for riders Poole have discarded?

Insightful signing.

I see Lions hoping to go with Vaculik & Przedpełski as a spearhead, could be excitingly enigmatic. They will need 4 solid middle order riders IMO. Bates, Newman & Bjerre will just about suffice with someone more reliable.

What it also seems to mean to me is that King & Nilsson wont be calling the Beaumont Sports Complex their home venue next year, Nilsson will be back at Lakeside as they return to the top flight of British League racing & King will be at Ipswich as they do likewise.

Which sadly may mean no AJ :(

It also probably means that Sheffield will be staying in the second tier of British Speedway in 2018, if the Tigers were going to move up surely Stead would have talked his mate Vaculik into joining them, not Leicester. Vaculik would probably have found Owlerton more to his liking than his new home track!

Edited by Col

They don't want a team of Poole cast offs... WTF do Poole fans think other teams are desperate for riders Poole have discarded?

That was my reaction to seeing that side. Klindt would be, at best, okay to bring back, but no thanks to Andersen.

Insightful signing.

I see Lions hoping to go with Vaculik & Przedpełski as a spearhead, could be excitingly enigmatic. They will need 4 solid middle order riders IMO. Bates, Newman & Bjerre will just about suffice with someone more reliable.

What it also seems to mean to me is that King & Nilsson wont be calling the Beaumont Sports Complex their home venue next year, Nilsson will be back at Lakeside as they return to the top flight of British League racing & King will be at Ipswich as they do likewise.

Which sadly may mean no AJ :(

It also probably means that Sheffield will be staying in the second tier of British Speedway in 2018, if the Tigers were going to move up surely Stead would have talked his mate Vaculik into joining them, not Leicester. Vaculik would probably have found Owlerton more to his liking than his new home track!

Lakeside have confirmed they will ride in the Championship not Premiership in 2018.

• Like 2

No doubt the Leicester fans are jizzing in their pants about their latest signing. All the best to you guys, good start.

Great signing.

The sort of signing that makes you look forward to 2018.

I have always thought of him as a very classy rider. :t:

Col- As others have said Lakeside will be looking to join the Championship and even if they had returned to the top league it would be highly unlikely that Kim would return to Purfleet unless they finished the business they had from 2016

Great signing for Leicester and for British Speedway in general.

Edited by bellevueace

Theres no reason why nilsson wont be back surely would provide a decent spearhead for sure,why any leicester team would want przedpelski back is beyond me !!