Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
The Observer

Leicester Lions 2018

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Mr Bump said:

New averages effective from tomorrow now put Auty at reserve. Serjeant could indeed come back in & we’d still have 1 point to play with overall. Charles Wright was only signed as a 28 day replacement for Danny King so that must be about to end too?.

 

As Danny won't be riding again this season we can keep Charles can't we? Don't fancy any more changes with only 3 home matches left and as we'll perhaps be bottom of the league by the end of next week it's not really worth it now. Just hope the remaining matches don't completely destroy the confidence of Connor Mountain as I think it's a season or two too early for him to be riding in the Premier League. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes Leicester can keep Wright but can also assess options with new averages becoming effective today which sees around a little more to play with so if there was a better rider available for around 6.90 which not sure there is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand that Ben Barker has asked if his average would fit. His converted 2018 Redcar average is 5.95 and his 2017 Rye House average was 6.00. Either of these would indeed fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

I understand that Ben Barker has asked if his average would fit. His converted 2018 Redcar average is 5.95 and his 2017 Rye House average was 6.00. Either of these would indeed fit.

Barker has already participated in the Premiership this season so would come in on that average which is 6.00

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. H.Andersen 8.04

2. R.Wells 6.90

3. L.Sundstrom 6.13

4. P.Starke 5.08

5. S.Nicholls 7.22

6. J.Auty 4.59

7. J.Etheridge 4.15

Total 42.11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, BLACKHEART said:

Vaculik's injury was a killer blow to the Lions. Leicester had a very solid 1-7 at the start of the season but injuries have ruined them. 

It was, and did they wait for too long until accepting that Josh Bates would not come back? When it was announced that Kenneth Bjerre had been signed, I knew there was no way he would maintain his Belle Vue average, and it put restrictions on the opportunities for other changes until his average had gone down to his "real" level. Overall, too many cases of riders not fulfilling their average, Andersen notably excepted, and that terrible night in Swindon, a match which should not have been going ahead.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Barker has already participated in the Premiership this season .

No he hasn't.

Edited by KevH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that the new averages are out perhaps we could bring back Todd Kurtz for Connor Mountain - who let's face it is out of his depth - Kurtz should do ok at No 7 and the lesser reserve as opposed to being the main reserve as he was with Sarjeant ? 

Kurtz 4.02 Mountain 2.79 Difference = 1.23 makes Lions Total = 42.47 ?

 

Means we are a bit stronger anyways .... Cheers

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

1. H.Andersen 8.04

2. R.Wells 6.90

3. L.Sundstrom 6.13

4. P.Starke 5.08

5. S.Nicholls 7.22

6. J.Auty 4.59

7. J.Etheridge 4.15

Total 42.11

Not 3 more changes. :o 

Quote

Robbobee...............

Now the new averages are out perhaps we could bring back Todd Kurtz for Connor Mountain - who let's face it is out of his depth - Kurtz should do ok at No 7 and the lesser reserve as opposed to being the main reserve as he was with Sarjeant ? 

Kurtz 4.02 Mountain 2.79 Difference = 1.23 makes Lions Total = 42.47 ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

 

I thought you couldn't bring back a rider who had previously been in the team? :unsure:

 

Edited by Gemini

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Robbobee said:

Now that the new averages are out perhaps we could bring back Todd Kurtz for Connor Mountain - who let's face it is out of his depth - Kurtz should do ok at No 7 and the lesser reserve as opposed to being the main reserve as he was with Sarjeant ? 

Kurtz 4.02 Mountain 2.79 Difference = 1.23 makes Lions Total = 42.47 ?

 

Means we are a bit stronger anyways .... Cheers

 

You can’t bring back a dropped rider without MC permission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ironic that the apology issued by the Lions management was made after a meeting which had some of the best racing seen at Beaumont Park, helped by a well prepared track.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Ironic that the apology issued by the Lions management was made after a meeting which had some of the best racing seen at Beaumont Park, helped by a well prepared track.

Looked like the additional material which had previously been put down was helped by the heavy rain that fell during Saturday & Sunday to provide a much better racing surface. Sundays meeting being cancelled may have also helped although it looks like there are a few bumps developing going into bend three and on the home straight which made the bikes hop about a bit. Hope they can both be resolved soon because the racing was very good to watch once both sides got going and it would be great to see that type of improvement continue.

Edited by 1 valve
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Big Al said:

Ironic that the apology issued by the Lions management was made after a meeting which had some of the best racing seen at Beaumont Park, helped by a well prepared track.

Yes I really enjoyed the racing which I thought was the best this season, but unfortunately a lot of fans just want to see their team win and don't particularly care what they are watching as long as they do. :cry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was interested to see this extract from a news item on the BSPA web site about Lakeside's future:-


“While the track is still in situ we will talk to them about the continuation of Speedway at Arena, given the success of this season, the increased attendances from 2017, and the exciting plans formulated by the British Speedway Promoters’ Association for season 2019.”

Does anyone know what these "exciting plans ...... for season 2019" are?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

Was interested to see this extract from a news item on the BSPA web site about Lakeside's future:-


“While the track is still in situ we will talk to them about the continuation of Speedway at Arena, given the success of this season, the increased attendances from 2017, and the exciting plans formulated by the British Speedway Promoters’ Association for season 2019.”

Does anyone know what these "exciting plans ...... for season 2019" are?

Same as the exciting plans for 2017 and 2018 :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy