British Speedway Forum
The Observer

Leicester Lions 2018

Lakeside have confirmed they will ride in the Championship not Premiership in 2018.

Must have missed that one. Good news for Leicester if they can retain Nilsson.

I'm just trying to think which idiot said he's nailed on for Poole. Lol.

When I first heard the news I fell about laughing. Matt Ford comes out with a load of bull and the likes of starman fell for it 😂😂

why any leicester team would want przedpelski back is beyond me !!

He demonstrated why he could prove to be a useful signing for any team in the recent Torun GP, getting any Polish rider to commit to British fixtures proves difficult for any club.

Great signing in Martin Vaculik !

Who next ? Gotta want Kim Nilsson, Michael Palm Toft, Lasse Bjerre or Danny King and Erik Riss - add Josh Bates probably given the Bates connection and someone else that fits whatever the points limit is ?

Vaculik because he is box office ...

Nilsson is Mr Leicester Lions

Palm Toft proved he knows the way around BP

King or Lasse Bjerre - King better probably shades it here especially away from home

Riss - who better than he especially around BP

Josh Bates - connection plus he should get better

ANO to fit ?

Would maybe have liked Newman at lower end of team but fear he will be Poole bound.

Cheers

• Like 1

Nilsson is Mr Leicester Lions after a single season?

The one Dane looked good in the play offs, but that isn't saying much.

Riss is not a rider you build a team around, he is one you try to fit in.

Totally depends if either Ipswich & Sheffield take the Premiership plunge (unless there have been announcements on that) whether Bates & King will be Lions next year.

I'm not doing Maths until rules are official & averages confirmed.

Vaculik

Bates/Riss

Przedpelski

King

Nilsson

Newman/Riss

+2.00

Would be a team I'd look forward to watching.

Edited by Col

Would maybe have liked Newman at lower end of team but fear he will be Poole bound.

That should hold no fears for anyone.....

My guess the next move will be for the Lions to resign Kim Nilsson at No 5, he did a great job last season but by his own attmitance he's not a No 1. I would take Prrzedpelski at 3, (at a heart beat), however I doubt he'll return but if he was to, there would be no solider 1st string in the League. A shoe-in then ought to be Kyle Newman at No 6, with MPT, Eric Riss or Bjerre at 2/4. Finishing off with the always entertaining (Mr 100%) Danny Ayres.

With a lineup like that I would suggest a playoff place would be almost nailed on

I distinctly recall Mr Lynch stating on TV there will be no double uppers at Leicester next season

I distinctly recall Mr Lynch stating on TV there will be no double uppers at Leicester next season

Was that before or after he said that it was good to be riding with a full team that had no guests?

My guess the next move will be for the Lions to resign Kim Nilsson at No 5, he did a great job last season but by his own attmitance he's not a No 1. I would take Prrzedpelski at 3, (at a heart beat), however I doubt he'll return but if he was to, there would be no solider 1st string in the League. A shoe-in then ought to be Kyle Newman at No 6, with MPT, Eric Riss or Bjerre at 2/4. Finishing off with the always entertaining (Mr 100%) Danny Ayres.

With a lineup like that I would suggest a playoff place would be almost nailed on

Got to agree with you about Kyle Newman, must try to get him back, especially on his average ( 4.86) , if he's fully fit he could add a point to that average. I'm still unconvinced about Riss, he seemed to get passed too easily at times & his awareness of team-mates around him seemed lacking at times. Just wonder if they might return for Lebedevs again, after initially signing him last season & then not being available because of his Polish commitments, That shouldn't be a problem if the fixed mid-week nights happen,especially If he is still on the 7pt average he was given last year.

• Like 1

Newman said in the local newspaper interview this week that he would love to return to Leicester - BUT would not object to a return to Poole!!

Having said that, especially at this time of the year riders will say anything that they think clubs/fans/sponsors/media want to hear - until they get a firm contract offer in front of them.

NB That's not a criticism by the way!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

Got to agree with you about Kyle Newman, must try to get him back, especially on his average ( 4.86) , if he's fully fit he could add a point to that average. I'm still unconvinced about Riss, he seemed to get passed too easily at times & his awareness of team-mates around him seemed lacking at times. Just wonder if they might return for Lebedevs again, after initially signing him last season & then not being available because of his Polish commitments, That shouldn't be a problem if the fixed mid-week nights happen,especially If he is still on the 7pt average he was given last year.

From what I saw of Lebedevs on the European stage last season he would be a terrific signing. Good enough for sure to be a No 5, so Nilsson would drop to No 3? He would definitely be a worthy replacement for Przedpelski who I, as previously stated, doubt will re-sign.

For me Newman is absolutely vital as the number 6 berth is so very important.

From what I saw of Lebedevs on the European stage last season he would be a terrific signing. Good enough for sure to be a No 5, so Nilsson would drop to No 3? He would definitely be a worthy replacement for Przedpelski who I, as previously stated, doubt will re-sign.

For me Newman is absolutely vital as the number 6 berth is so very important.

Chance of getting Lebedevs after the season he has just had.

Below 0.

Chance of getting Lebedevs after the season he has just had.

Below 0.

Pooleboltons knowledge of speedway.

Below 0.

• Like 1

Pooleboltons knowledge of speedway.

Below 0.

If Lededevs comes to the Uk I will be amazed. Is now a top 20 rider in the world and doesnt need the UK. Has nice safe rides at Wroclaw and Smernda.