British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

As quoted from Ged the day before the 4's:

"I fully understand that some of our supporters may be disappointed that we are without Jack tomorrow in the Fours, but I ask them all to understand that the deal we've done is beneficial to all parties.

"I'm not going to expand on that, but I urge them to trust my judgement as they've always done since I stepped in to keep speedway going in Peterborough in late 2014."

And how does that work ?????

• Like 1

As quoted from Ged the day before the 4's:

"I fully understand that some of our supporters may be disappointed that we are without Jack tomorrow in the Fours, but I ask them all to understand that the deal we've done is beneficial to all parties."I'm not going to expand on that, but I urge them to trust my judgement as they've always done since I stepped in to keep speedway going in Peterborough in late 2014."

And how does that work ?????

I am not a "happy clapper" and never for one moment thought he had made the right decision as is now proved with this latest episode in the Holdergate saga - I despair of the situation which I consider totally unnecessary for the Promoter (and Club) to now find itself in and I can only hope and pray that somehow we manage to survive but I'm not confident!

• Like 2

Why is only holder getting blamed?? It's ged that let him. Maybe in hindsight ged should have let Holder pick up a ban. Firstly older older holder and Batchelor and now ged, I'm liking the new found balls of those making these decisions

Edited by baldyman

Why is only holder getting blamed?? It's ged that let him. Maybe in hindsight ged should have let Holder pick up a ban.

Ged has made monumental error of judgement and clearly bears some blame but the catalyst in all this is Holder IMO.

• Like 2

I'd rather have the club closed down than the BSPA receive any sort of payment from us.

Life goes on.

Speedway is going the same way as the Tory party, the demographic will be dead in 20 years.

Why is only holder getting blamed?? It's ged that let him. Maybe in hindsight ged should have let Holder pick up a ban. Firstly older older holder and Batchelor and now ged, I'm liking the new found balls of those making these decisions

So maybe Louis should have got a fine too for the disrepute in trying to pull a flanker over averages when he wanted to dump Connor Mountain (and Sedgy)?

Ged could have said no to Holder it's his fault not Holder's

• Like 2

So maybe Louis should have got a fine too for the disrepute in trying to pull a flanker over averages when he wanted to dump Connor Mountain (and Sedgy)?

If he broke any rules or laws then yes.

Ged agreed to let Holder go and allegedly took a backhander off torun for his troubles, cant he use that to pay the fine? Ged is 100% at fault here, not jack, jack got told he could ride in Poland so he done as he was told, Ged should of said no, hopefully they dont close down because of this but you need new people in, as far as I can tell Ged isnt liked by the fans so get him out now, looking back Im glad redcar didnt take him on a few seasons ago when he wanted in, it could be redcar in this situation

Ged could have said no to Holder it's his fault not Holder's

Correct.. He should have said no, and let holder get whatever the punishment was.
  • Like 3

You got to know the rules before you can break them.

• Like 1

I foresee either Ged quitting or another plea for a bale out from the fans.

You got to know the rules before you can break them.

But Louis & co could have asked 5 officials and taken the most frequent answer as a rough guide on where to look for them!!

Local paper says the fine could exceed £40,000, what promotion could pay that?

Think that's it for the Panthers

Local paper says the fine could exceed £40,000, what promotion could pay that?

Think that's it for the Panthers

One that was given a bung over over 40k from the Poles?!