British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

Just read the report on SGB website Ged fined the same amount as what he received from Poland . I hold my hands up and have to say he has got what he deserves It's no good complaining about the size of the fine , he has broken the rules and deserves his punishment . My main concern is where does this leave Panthers fans who put quite a lot of money up front for the club to survive should Ged refuse to pay the fine as the showground will not deal with any other would be promoter.

The statement that showground will not deal with other potential promoters has come from Rathbone, given his history of slanting the reporting of situations in his favour I personally would be doubtful if this was 100% definitive as stated. I know many Panthers fans feel he has been honest with them, but some of his explanations really don't add up - prime example is sacking of Hansen

On the showground issue - can you really see the owners turning down income from someone, if they are reputable and have financial backing. They would much rather have facility used than standing empty and just costing money!

• Like 1

The statement that showground will not deal with other potential promoters has come from Rathbone, given his history of slanting the reporting of situations in his favour I personally would be doubtful if this was 100% definitive as stated. I know many Panthers fans feel he has been honest with them, but some of his explanations really don't add up - prime example is sacking of Hansen

On the showground issue - can you really see the owners turning down income from someone, if they are reputable and have financial backing. They would much rather have facility used than standing empty and just costing money!

The problem is where do you find such people with the financial backing ,as for Hansen really wasn't doing the business and looked a shadow of the rider who guested for us on a few occasions the previous season.

• Like 2

but as most were defending ged ans saying he hadnt taken a bung and any figures were aledgedly

just who knows exactly what the fine is

acording to some that were defending ged he has nothing to pay

now that the bspa has placed a sanction on jed when will jack holder face the panel to discuss with holding his services

but as most were defending ged ans saying he hadnt taken a bung and any figures were aledgedly

just who knows exactly what the fine is

acording to some that were defending ged he has nothing to pay

now that the bspa has placed a sanction on jed when will jack holder face the panel to discuss with holding his services

Ged should pay up, he took the money and knew it was against the rules. I would ban Holder as he broke his contract and should be punished for it regardless of being told he could go. SCB should also interview Matt Ford as he is also involved in this. It was supposed to be a good deal for all parties involved.

• Like 5

It was supposed to be a good deal for all parties involved.

where did it all go wrong then ???

So it's a fine of the payment received plus letting everyone in free for the first meeting of 2018.

Surely if Rathbone walks away he ends up the richer for it, not having to pay the fine and not having to take the hit on the first meeting too.

If Peterborough close because of this it's a crying shame. But then the rules also should have been followed in the first place.

As its free i hope Peterborough go to town and really push the advertising. Get as many new visitors in as possible and hopefully increase future crowds. Might as well try and turn a negative into a positive.

• Like 2

free admission for the first meeting is very harsh punishment,after a long winter with no income promoters are desperate to get some significant early season income, could be a real blow,could ask fans to make a voluntary donation on their way in hopefully most would pay their normal price

The free meeting is actually the fine ! He would be getting away with it scott free otherwise. Edited by dornier
  • Like 1

That's why fans need to turn up in their thousands to show their disgust at mr Billy big balls who thinks he is above the rules.

Edited by baldyman

Ged has got the money. The club will continue racing in 2018. It will all blow over soon.

40,000 Payment from Poland then ordered to pay a 40,000 fine. Seems fair to me.

I told you signing Jack Holder was a mistake at the start of the season.

Edited by Brandon Bob

I hope we don't give a single penny to the BSPA.

Return the money to Torun and walk away.

Let's not back down, the BSPA think they can do what they want.

Edited by Jeremy Corbyn Fan

I hope we don't give a single penny to the BSPA.

Return the money to Torun and walk away.

Let's not back down, the BSPA think they can do what they want.

Exactly,,, why should the BSPA benefit from Jeds deal ???

taking that money would make them as bad as him.

• Like 1

BSPA are an amateur organisation led by a man in Chapman who turned King's Lynn from play-off contenders into relegation contenders.

Walk away Ged, I'm fully behind you.

This is a matter of principle.

Edited by Jeremy Corbyn Fan