British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

Everything hinges around the outcome of yesterday's hearing and all connected with both clubs will be glad to see the conclusion to this unsavoury business finally brought to an end . As at the moment neither side can make a commitment until the outcome is known. So it would be nice to get an early verdict so everyone knows where they stand and with the AGM less than 2 weeks away speed is the essence.

not sure the hearing yesterday has any particular bearing on Peterboroughs future does it? It was already stated that Rathbone was poorly advised but that didnt affect the fine / punishment? Surely yesterday was all about Godfrey?

not sure the hearing yesterday has any particular bearing on Peterboroughs future does it? It was already stated that Rathbone was poorly advised but that didnt affect the fine / punishment? Surely yesterday was all about Godfrey?

well now Pats retired and Ged currently has his promoters licence suspended - we won't even have a representative at the Tenerife shindig.

The non committed for 2018 could always have their own conference in the UK, should be a healthy turnout.

Obviously humour is not your best subject.

Was it are you sure about that.?

Where has the rumour about us going premiership come from when we don't even know if we are running following the outcome of the hearing yesterday??..Also would be very disappointed if Bomber goes Glasgow..can't they have the tosser Holder instead?

Good point. It popped out of nowhere (probably from the Twitterati or happy clappers). If Rathbone carries on, and I expect him to, then there is only one place that'll be and it isn't the top league. That'd mean moving from Sunday for starters and that's not gonna happen.

well now Pats retired and Ged currently has his promoters licence suspended - we won't even have a representative at the Tenerife shindig.

Trevor will still be eligible to attend even if he has retired.

• Like 1

Think we all need an announcement either way now

Supposed to be a fans forum any time soon now but no date announced as yet, I think that must be the next stage, but it needs to be soon.

Good point. It popped out of nowhere (probably from the Twitterati or happy clappers). If Rathbone carries on, and I expect him to, then there is only one place that'll be and it isn't the top league. That'd mean moving from Sunday for starters and that's not gonna happen.

Also the amount of travelling has to be taken into account although premier league would suit Panthers better logistically staying in the championship would suit Ged better from his Middlesbrough base.

Also the amount of travelling has to be taken into account although premier league would suit Panthers better logistically staying in the championship would suit Ged better from his Middlesbrough base.

and we all know who he'll be looking out for ;)

and we all know who he'll be looking out for ;)

Personally i'm more interested in Panthers continuing regardless of what league they choose to be in, but I would suggest for purely financial reasons it makes sense to stay in the championship as moving away from Sunday racedays could well be a disaster waiting to happen as I believe your Diamonds would suffer the same consequencies should they move away from Sunday racing , it's not a matter of who (he) will be looking after it's a matter of survival. So please do try to keep up before you make you're silly sarcastic remarks.

Personally i'm more interested in Panthers continuing regardless of what league they choose to be in, but I would suggest for purely financial reasons it makes sense to stay in the championship as moving away from Sunday racedays could well be a disaster waiting to happen as I believe your Diamonds would suffer the same consequencies should they move away from Sunday racing , it's not a matter of who (he) will be looking after it's a matter of survival. So please do try to keep up before you make you're silly sarcastic remarks.

oh dear,,, a was merely suggesting that it will be the championship, whereas PL would make sense IMO

Edited by ruffdiamond

oh dear,,, a was merely suggesting that it will be the championship, whereas PL would make sense IMO

That's not how your reply to my original remark reads now , is it

That's not how your reply to my original remark reads now , is it

that depends on who reads it and how they interpret it, sorry if your offended.