British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

Something not quite right!! At recent supporters club event word was there would be no appeal and Rathbone free to carry on if he so wished. Subsequent information would have it that there will be an appeal and Rathbone still suspended. No action or mention of Godfrey's fate which must assume will be minimal since he is still number 2 Mafia man and seems able to commence team building with no restrictions.

Something not quite right!! At recent supporters club event word was there would be no appeal and Rathbone free to carry on if he so wished. Subsequent information would have it that there will be an appeal and Rathbone still suspended. No action or mention of Godfrey's fate which must assume will be minimal since he is still number 2 Mafia man and seems able to commence team building with no restrictions.

Indeed Rodders

- I love to see Ged launch a civic action against Buster and Godfrey....

and stick it up them!

Indeed Rodders

- I love to see Ged launch a civic action against Buster and Godfrey....

and stick it up them!

A civic action....

Interesting - what do you think the council will do about it 😛

• Like 3

A civic action....

Interesting - what do you think the council will do about it

Not much. But a civil action really might make feathers fly.

• Like 1

A civic action....

Interesting - what do you think the council will do about it

Maybe the case will be heard on an open top bus ride :D

• Like 1

Maybe the case will be heard on an open top bus ride :D

Didn't know that Honda made buses :o

So does anyone think ged has actually been stuffed from the south coast..but is choosing to stay tight lipped about it??? Or is it just Godfrey? I'm nearly starting to feel sorry for ged. There is still way more to this.

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 1

But would Panthers be able to enter the league without a promotor and necessary bond? I doubt it

But would Panthers be able to enter the league without a promotor and necessary bond? I doubt it

maybe a Mugabe style impeachment is planned by BSPA

i like the civic and the honda comments funny as .

accord ing to the bspa/scb , its all water under the bridge now or is it carpet ?

I believe SCB recommended there should be another hearing in Godfrey's case ,so innocent until proven guilty.

The Saga continues. Statement from SCB following meeting 7th November stated

(1) BSPA taken on too much power

(2) Decisions taken not in best interests of Speedway

(3) No further action against Rathbone

(4) Godfrey to face SCB court hearing

However currently Godfrey still number 2 at BSPA, court hearing not happened or no date set,Godfrey free to proceed with team building.

Rathbone it seems is still suspended , still has to appeal , therefore not able to commence team building.

Seems BSPA have so far ignored action mentioned in statement , which seems to me grossly unfair.

Edited by wealdstone
  • Like 1

The Saga continues. Statement from SCB following meeting 7th November stated

(1) BSPA taken on too much power

(2) Decisions taken not in best interests of Speedway

(3) No further action against Rathbone

(4) Godfrey to face SCB court hearing

However currently Godfrey still number 2 at BSPA, court hearing not happened or no date set,Godfrey free to proceed with team building.

Rathbone it seems is still suspended , still has to appeal , therefore not able to commence team building.

Seems BSPA have so far ignored action mentioned in statement , which seems to me grossly unfair.

Yes it is unfair if this is how it stands , as Panthers will not be allowed to start team building until ban is lifted and will lose out on prospective riders they maybe would be tracking , whilst the rest of the teams in championship take there pick and we would be left to pick up the dregs that no one else wants , which to me is an unfair advantage . Suppose if the BSPA can't get Ged one way they are going to get him another way . BSPA need to get moving on this as fans will suffer and some will drift away and never return .

Who says Ged can't proceed with team building?

Why do you think the silence is so deafening.

• Like 1

So does anyone think ged has actually been stuffed from the south coast..but is choosing to stay tight lipped about it??? Or is it just Godfrey? I'm nearly starting to feel sorry for ged. There is still way more to this.

I think that he ignored the best advice given to him when Rick Frost allegedly warned him about that lot. If it was a management decision then Swales should have known better anyway. Then with all that in mind Rathbone still gambled and lost so it's hard to feel sympathy. Is there more to it? Maybe or maybe not. They'll just let it die down until people forget.

Edited by Crump99

Well they could at least keep us informed..I'm sick of all these secrets and lies.