British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

A civic action....

Interesting - what do you think the council will do about it

I was hoping that Ged could live "the impossible dream!! " :t:

Well they could at least keep us informed..I'm sick of all these secrets and lies.

The very people they want the money off week in week out are always the last ones they think about . Has Ged been silenced from making any sort of statement and if that is the case then BSPA should be putting out a statement and let fans know just what the position is.. Very shoddy which ever way it is and definitely not the way to promote the sport locally or nationally and certainly not the way to treat fans who are also the customers.

• Like 1

If Jed’s Licence is still suspended was he at the AGM and vote on matters which affect Peterborough Speedway, as I believe to attend the AGM you have to be a licensed Promoters, if he didn’t go who represented Peterborough

If Jed’s Licence is still suspended was he at the AGM and vote on matters which affect Peterborough Speedway, as I believe to attend the AGM you have to be a licensed Promoters, if he didn’t go who represented Peterborough

As he is still suspended then he wouldn't be allowed to attend and with Swales now retired in his role as co promoter then officially there would be no one representing Peterborough but from somewhere according to BSPA website we are listed as riding in the championship in 2018 . No comments one way or another for over 3 weeks on club website just 2 BSPA statements , is this really the way to win over fans as they are now getting sick and tired of all the negativity . Other teams are enthusiastically team building for next season and from Peterborough total silence, shocking to treat fans in this manner IMO.

It's a secret like everything else?

As he is still suspended then he wouldn't be allowed to attend and with Swales now retired in his role as co promoter then officially there would be no one representing Peterborough but from somewhere according to BSPA website we are listed as riding in the championship in 2018 . No comments one way or another for over 3 weeks on club website just 2 BSPA statements , is this really the way to win over fans as they are now getting sick and tired of all the negativity . Other teams are enthusiastically team building for next season and from Peterborough total silence, shocking to treat fans in this manner IMO.

Apart from a couple of statements there is usually very little in terms of news around this time. It's been announced that we're running so you wouldn't expect that to change. The happy clappers will take any news that they are given whenever it arrives and others will moan a bit but just get on with it anyway. That's speedway.

I think it should be borne in mind why BSPA and SCB exist in their current format. This was because the promoters did not like the things that SCB ( then totally independent) did and created a situation which put them totally in charge. In time this has meant that in practice one or two members of BSPA are in charge.

Hell hath no fury than BSPA scorned.

Also remember the person who was first to accept the 30 pieces of silver is now in charge. How many pieces of silver constitutes a bung?

Edited by wealdstone

It's a secret like everything else?

Apart from a couple of statements there is usually very little in terms of news around this time. It's been announced that we're running so you wouldn't expect that to change. The happy clappers will take any news that they are given whenever it arrives and others will moan a bit but just get on with it anyway. That's speedway.

I think there is something going on in the background not about Panthers running next season but who will be promoting , my thoughts are that it wont be Ged Rathbone and because the fine has not been paid it will probably be run by a stewardship of a existing promoter. I also believe there's quite a lot more skeletons yet to come out of the cupboard. With reference to would be rider sponsors who have been enquiring about what riders will racing for Panthers next year and have a facebook reply suggesting as they don't know at the moment are asking the would be sponsors to keep there commitment locally.

Step Forward Dr Neil Watson & Mr Mick Horton..

It's all done for the best interests of Speedway and all done in the best possible taste! :D

• Like 1

Nothing with the name Horton involved could possibly be construed as being in the best interests of Speedway

Someone's signing riders one of which will be lasse bjerre imo.

Exactly what I've heard.

I've also heard a whisper about a new co promoter

Exactly what I've heard.

Hope it is not Horton (the supremo)

I think it should be borne in mind why BSPA and SCB exist in their current format. This was because the promoters did not like the things that SCB ( then totally independent) did and created a situation which put them totally in charge. In time this has meant that in practice one or two members of BSPA are in charge.

Hell hath no fury than BSPA scorned.

Also remember the person who was first to accept the 30 pieces of silver is now in charge. How many pieces of silver constitutes a bung?

Anything over 30.

Exactly what I've heard.

Rob Lyon ? Hope it is not Buster himself.

I think there is something going on in the background not about Panthers running next season but who will be promoting , my thoughts are that it wont be Ged Rathbone and because the fine has not been paid it will probably be run by a stewardship of a existing promoter. I also believe there's quite a lot more skeletons yet to come out of the cupboard. With reference to would be rider sponsors who have been enquiring about what riders will racing for Panthers next year and have a facebook reply suggesting as they don't know at the moment are asking the would be sponsors to keep there commitment locally.

Could be although I'd heard that he didn't want someone running it for him? But time moves on and situations change so wouldn't be surprised. I'm pretty sure that the skeletons will stay locked away and it'll be business as per usual.

Hope it is not Horton (the supremo)

National anthem or the mascot - tough choice!

Step Forward Dr Neil Watson & Mr Mick Horton..

It's all done for the best interests of Speedway and all done in the best possible taste! :D

Bratters was at the football last night with a Panthers jacket on. It confused me at the time but it's all becoming clearer :o

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1