Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

Especially when Witches are in town.

Almost no doubt about it

I am concerned about the team that Panthers will end up with as word already is that they can't compete financially with many of our competitors. Whether this is just as it is or a result of BSPA retribution is unclear

Rathbone said on the mic that he was just an ordinary bloke without lots of cash, or something similar, so that tells you much of what you need to know. To then come out with: "We're already working hard to put together the best possible team that our resources allow." just clarifies it a bit further. Having said that, apart from the Holder cock up he didn't do too bad last year so I wouldn't be overly concerned at the moment although I might be if they shoehorn Lambert in.

Rathbone said on the mic that he was just an ordinary bloke without lots of cash, or something similar, so that tells you much of what you need to know. To then come out with: "We're already working hard to put together the best possible team that our resources allow." just clarifies it a bit further. Having said that, apart from the Holder cock up he didn't do too bad last year so I wouldn't be overly concerned at the moment although I might be if they shoehorn Lambert in.

Guaranteed Lambert will be in there.

The reset of averages that took place last year allowed you to make changes during the transistion whilst half the team that had improved still had their original figures.

With rolling averages back in place that wont be so easy in 2018. The need to get it right first time is therefore more important.

The reset of averages that took place last year allowed you to make changes during the transistion whilst half the team that had improved still had their original figures.

With rolling averages back in place that wont be so easy in 2018. The need to get it right first time is therefore more important.

Didn't do much good though did it, they finished 6th. We never get it right from the off but this'll be the first season for a decade or more that Swales hasn't had an input so it'll be interesting to see if that was a factor or whether the management team just aren't very good at it?

Guaranteed Lambert will be in there.

Sentiment over logic?

Plenty of teams wouldve swapped their seasons for victory in the 4s and KoCup though.

From that point of view the season was a roaring success for Boro.

• Like 3

Didn't do much good though did it, they finished 6th. We never get it right from the off but this'll be the first season for a decade or more that Swales hasn't had an input so it'll be interesting to see if that was a factor or whether the management team just aren't very good at it?

Sentiment over logic?

Of course he dropped a point from his start average. Starke and Ostergaard maintained their start average but barely added to it. Edited by Flappy

Plenty of teams wouldve swapped their seasons for victory in the 4s and KoCup though.

Spot on

That's true and one way of looking at it.

As I've said before..Lambert and Ulrich both deserve their place in the team. They won us 2 trophy's last season and put Peterborough first..unlike some.

• Like 3

Yes it was any team that can go through the season and pick up two trophies has to be considered as a success all overshadowed by off track events that has taken the shine off it unfortunately , lets hope this was a big learning curve for the promotion.

Having followed Panthers for over 40 years I can tell you that winning 2 trophies in a year was a bl%*\y good year!!

There are not many DVD's in my collection of Panther's winning things but I will enjoy watching the latest 2 over the winter!!

Obviously the KO cup was fortunate to say the least but a fantastic effort to get to the final.

The 4's was stunning after the breaking of Holdergate.

In the last few years the biggest battle for us is to ensure that we come to tapes come March!

It appears that battle has been won for another year, for that I am extremely grateful to Ged.

We need to move on from Holder and support the riders who come to tapes next year.

Uli is Uli, I have never been a big fan of Lambert but the way he rode at the end of last season was unbelievable! If they are in the 7 next year then that's fine as I will still be able to watch and hope to at some point adding to my DVD's which is what following any team is all about!!

• Like 2

Having followed Panthers for over 40 years I can tell you that winning 2 trophies in a year was a bl%*\y good year!!

There are not many DVD's in my collection of Panther's winning things but I will enjoy watching the latest 2 over the winter!!

Obviously the KO cup was fortunate to say the least but a fantastic effort to get to the final.

The 4's was stunning after the breaking of Holdergate.

In the last few years the biggest battle for us is to ensure that we come to tapes come March!

It appears that battle has been won for another year, for that I am extremely grateful to Ged.

We need to move on from Holder and support the riders who come to tapes next year.

Uli is Uli, I have never been a big fan of Lambert but the way he rode at the end of last season was unbelievable! If they are in the 7 next year then that's fine as I will still be able to watch and hope to at some point adding to my DVD's which is what following any team is all about!!

Agree with that, good post