British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

Tbh the will they won't they run each year must stop

So why are you bringing it up then ?

• Like 1

So why are you bringing it up then ?

I didn't. It's annual and has a complete negative impact on fans and sponsors. The club needs stability.

I didn't. It's annual and has a complete negative impact on fans and sponsors. The club needs stability.

Trouble is this year it is largely self inflicted, lubricated with some vitriol from the mafia. Speaking of which are they intending to ignore the outcome of recent Rathbone/Godfrey hearing.

Seems very much like the BSPA have now brushed it all under the carpet and Nice Mr Godfrey can get on with his influential position within the BSPA and continue making "carefully considered decisions".

I believe there is a second hearing next week.

Carpet and brush on standby.

• Like 1

Carpet and brush on standby.

Anybody in an influential position who advises others to accepts bribes should be stripped of his rank and further punishment should follow. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Anybody in an influential position who advises others to accepts bribes should be stripped of his rank and further punishment should follow. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Surely back handers have been indemic for years in the world of speedway

• Like 2

This was no back hander , brown envelope or the like. It was so well known that it could have been an official presentation on centre green during the interval.

is that because thet could not believe the rubbishe they heard in the first hearing ?

is that because thet could not believe the rubbishe they heard in the first hearing ?

What do you know about the first meeting that you can describe it as rubbish.

All that's been agreed is that a conversation took place. I'm sure if it was that cut and dried then that would have happened to Godfrey. Unfortunately the only thing that there is clear evidence for, or is in the public domain at least, is for what Rathbone did, hence the punishment.

All that's been agreed is that a conversation took place. I'm sure if it was that cut and dried then that would have happened to Godfrey. Unfortunately the only thing that there is clear evidence for, or is in the public domain at least, is for what Rathbone did, hence the punishment.

So if there is no evidence of any wrong doing by Godfrey why would SCB call for another hearing , surely if there's nothing to prove then they would not take it any further by means of another hearing.

So if there is no evidence of any wrong doing by Godfrey why would SCB call for another hearing , surely if there's nothing to prove then they would not take it any further by means of another hearing.

I didn't say that there wasn't any evidence. I said clear evidence or evidence in the public domain. The SCB probably think that admitting that there was a conversation is actually important, further evidence or not, and they need to get to the bottom of it. The BSPA look after their own and only go after the easy targets, allegedly. However, I suspect the SCB is just another layer of inaction to make people think that something is being done before the same conclusion is reached.

Seems very much like the BSPA have now brushed it all under the carpet and Nice Mr Godfrey can get on with his influential position within the BSPA and continue making "carefully considered decisions".

As usual you own speculation and not true. It's not up to the BSPA, and Rob is due to a hearing this next week with the SCB. Snide remarks don't do much for you.