British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

At least it has 2 heat leaders that'd score well at home in particular each week. Anything with Andersen or Nicholls has a weak number 5

Nicholls 9.72

BWD 5.61

Smith 2.57

Fits nicely or try our hardest to get Campton from Workington

That needs to be done.

Out and out No.1. Strong reserve throughout the season. Cant get Ostergaard out of the No.5 position because of the Palm Toft signing.

At least it has 2 heat leaders that'd score well at home in particular each week. Anything with Andersen or Nicholls has a weak number 5

You need Nicholls. Team is horrible right now. Ostergaard will have to ride at No.5.

Question is though, why doesn't Matt Ford Fan bugger off to the Poole thread and leave us in peace ;)

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 5

Question is though, was doesn't Matt Ford Fan bugger off to the Poole thread and leave us in peace ;)

Interesting thread at the moment. Not a lot happening on other threads.

Edited by Matt Ford Fan

Wolbert on his day can be very good but from the amount of times I have seen him he's had more up and down than a fan dancers drawers , I think Tungate would be a bit of a gamble at NO;1 and Phillips coming back after a serious injury would be far to risky .

Edited by New era Panthers
  • Like 2

Reading on other threads that the 6 pt rule has been dropped.

If that is correct and assuming a conversion factor of 1.3 who would Panthers fans prefer?

Hans Andersen 10.07

Scott Nicholls 9.72

or someone else?

My heart says Hans, but my head - looking at their averages - says Scotty.

That extra 0.35 could make a significant difference for the last team spots. I guess a lot depends of who would fit in both cases.

Edited by PE7Panther
  • Like 1

My heart says Hans, but my head - looking at their averages - says Scotty.

That extra 0.35 could make a significant difference for the last team spots. I guess a lot depends of who would fit in both cases.

Thought the rule this year had reverted back to if you do not have an average in our league you cannot drop down with an average over 6 in the Premiership.

Thought the rule this year had reverted back to if you do not have an average in our league you cannot drop down with an average over 6 in the Premiership.

And now it has reverted back, so according to the news there would be no restrictions in the championship, then they brought the restriction in that wasn't supposed to be there and now they have reversed it back , amazing how we find the time to keep up with it all.

• Like 1

I'd go with Hans over Nicholls.

The better rider and he's popular with the fans.

Agree if there only was a way around his Polish commitments. So Nicholls is the best option otherwise.

• Like 1

How about:

1. Nicholls (9.72)

2 Wilson-Dean (5.61)

3 Lunna (5.90)

4 Toft (6.77)

5 Ostergaard (7.12)

6 Lambert (4.56)

7 Bacon (2.67) or J.Smith (2.57)

Total: 42.35 or 42.25

(Apologies if any of those averages are wrong)

• Like 2

How about:

1. Nicholls (9.72)

2 Wilson-Dean (5.61)

3 Lunna (5.90)

4 Toft (6.77)

5 Ostergaard (7.12)

6 Lambert (4.56)

7 Bacon (2.67) or J.Smith (2.57)

Total: 42.35 or 42.25

(Apologies if any of those averages are wrong)

it wont matter anyhow . ged will ask advice from godders and together they will sort it out , what about cookie ?

Heavy financial penalties issued to Peterborough by the Speedway Control Bureau have been overturned following an appeal to the Auto Cycle Union (ACU).

The T Balfe Construction Panthers were hit with a £28,000 fine due to Jack Holder missing three meetings during last season to race in Poland.

The same matter led to owner Ged Rathbone being suspended as a promoter and the club ordered to offer free admission to their first home league meeting of the 2018 season.

But those punishments have now been rescinded after the appeal hearing held on Thursday.

A statement issued by the ACU confirmed: Gerard Rathbone, co-Promoter of Peterborough Panthers Speedway attended a Court of Enquiry held at ACU House on Thursday, November 30.

Mr Rathbone was appealing a decision made by the Speedway Control Bureau to impose a £28,000 fine on him/the Peterborough promotion as a result of Jack Holder being released by the club to compete in Polish League events when he was selected to ride for Peterborough over the same period.

The Speedway Control Bureau also decided that the Peterborough promotion must stage their first league fixture of the 2018 season with free admission.

After hearing all the evidence and reading the correspondence made available to them, the court members decided that both penalties imposed by the Speedway Control Bureau be revoked.

Instead Mr Rathbone must pay a penalty of £1,000 for each of the meetings that Holder missed the SGB Championship Fours and league fixtures against Newcastle and Scunthorpe.

The court members also stated that on full settlement of the penalties imposed above, that Mr Rathbones promoters licence be reinstated.

Peterborough Speedway are naturally delighted with the outcome of the appeal. They will make no further comment on the matter.

• Like 4

Superb news.

Just Mr Godfreys punishment to come

For giving good advice? All he got wrong was the amount per meeting. At least we've now got confirmation that taking a bribe to break the rules is OK.

• Like 1