British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

:t:

I don't think so.

If my figures and calculations are right, with Smith at No.7 it leaves us with 5.86 for the final spot - and Berge is on 6.91 according to the official averages listed here:

http://www.speedwaygb.co/files/downloads/c17_issue_final_numerical.pdf

could go with Nicholls, Smith and one of graversen 5.27 T.Kurtz or dare I say a return for BWD 5.61

• Like 1

The only meeting affected at Peterborough was the fours and I wouldn't say Panthers did too badly in that without Holder

I think you are missing the point.

Godfreys 'advice' is now pretty much spot on - so what case is there for him to answer?

Accessory to the crime.....

New to this forum, but having been a panthers fan for the past 12 years I would go for:

1. Andersen

2. T.Kurtz

3. Lunna

4. Palm-Toft

5. Ostergaard

6. Lambert

5. Smith

Shame Allen has signed for Scunthorpe as would have fitted perfectly for Kurtz and imo would have been nigh on unbeatable around the showground based on past visits.

I think you are missing the point.

Well yes, the rules state something to the effect that you have to use your 'best' possible 4. But that can only be based on the averages at that particular point. And we all know that averages are not necessarily a true indicator of anything.

And the counter-argument is:

(i) Panthers eventual line-up was strong enough to do the job, thank you very much - and it turned out that it was the "best" line-up Panthers could have fielded. How can you do better than win it? :rolleyes:

(ii) Did anybody who attended the Fours really think "Hey, no Jack Holder for Panthers? I'm being short-changed here!" Or did they think "Ooooh that's fkin great, Panthers are weakened and my team therefore has a better chance" ? Of course people thought that; you only have to recall some of the posts that appeared on this forum at the time.

But there's never been any argument that Ged/Panthers broke the strict letter of the rules. Like I've said in another post (q.v.) the issue has always been the ridiculous and spiteful penalties that were imposed. Does anybody think that it was right? Speak now or forever STFU about it!

The ACU certainly didn't, and good for them. We can only hope that it will clip the wings of the BSPA/MC/SCB.......

Edited by PE7Panther
  • Like 1

Damn you got me....I shall do the walk of shame.

better to just STFU on this Panthers thread. More and more tiresome with every post.

(ii) Did anybody who attended the Fours really think "Hey, no Jack Holder for Panthers? I'm being short-changed here!"

Yes.

Many people forget that a lot of neutral speedway fans attend meetings like the 4TT and i think that i'ts the clubs duty to the sport to put out the best riders available.

Still on the bright side at least the image of the sport hasn't suffered as it couldn't get any lower and that's not all the fault of the BSPA/SCB. Sometimes clubs and fans need to look nearer home for the problems speedway creates for itself.

• Like 2

I didnt attend the 4s out of principle so British Speedway didnt get my money as a direct result of Holder/Rathbone.

How many more if any took the same stance?

The ACU ruling doesnt actually mean that it was considered that the orginal penalty was incorrect just that the BSPA hadnt acted as they should.

It could simply be that they felt the Godfrey conversation significant enough to be considered a binding ruling

• Like 1

could go with Nicholls, Smith and one of graversen 5.27 T.Kurtz or dare I say a return for BWD 5.61

Yep, I suggested Nicholls Smith (or Bacon) plus BWD.

(Although it was a zillion pages back thanks to the tiresome cr4p posted by the numpties who pollute every Panthers thread.

T.Kurtz is a good shout too. That'd give us a bit more (another 0.38) to play with at reserve - and thereby <3.20 for a No.7. But looking at the official list of averages:

http://www.speedwaygb.co/files/downloads/c17_issue_final_numerical.pdf

there isn't anybody under 3.20 who'd you'd really want (Hall?!!!) So unless Ged can find a decent 3.00-3.20 rider from somewhere, I think Jack Smith (or Bacon) would do. Smith seems to be in the frame anyway.

better to just STFU on this Panthers thread. More and more tiresome with every post.

Seriously. I will do what I want fella. Don't like it, tough..block me ..do what ya want...I couldn't give 2 anythings of what you think😁

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 1

Yes.

Many people forget that a lot of neutral speedway fans attend meetings like the 4TT and i think that i'ts the clubs duty to the sport to put out the best riders available.

Still on the bright side at least the image of the sport hasn't suffered as it couldn't get any lower and that's not all the fault of the BSPA/SCB. Sometimes clubs and fans need to look nearer home for the problems speedway creates for itself.

Well, you make a fair point about neutral fans - but I doubt if there were more than a handful of them at the Fours. In any case, riders always miss these meetings for a variety of reasons, so neutral fans will always suffer a degree of 'disappointment'; it goes with the territory of being a speedway fan. And surely the bigger disappointment was the lame performances by several other teams who failed to offer much of a challenge. Shouldn't that be their strongest complaint?

The 'bright side' is that the ACU, by revising that extortionate fine and revoking the free entry thing, have clipped the wings of the BSPA/MC/SCB. We can only hope that it will force them to change their ways - but I fear that it won't. Certain people (we all know who) will be simmering away just waiting for an opportunity for what they see as revenge. That's the sort of characters they are :rolleyes:

Seriously. I will do what I want fella. Don't like it, tough..block me ..do what ya want...I couldn't give 2 anythings of what you think

Deeper and deeper!

Now resorting to an aggressive tone..... shamed AND embarrassed because you've been ridiculed?

Tells us all we need to know about you.

You clearly don't know me...but I've worked you out and your motives, so for today I bid you farewell and hope you have a pleasant day.