British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

The ACU ruling doesnt actually mean that it was considered that the orginal penalty was incorrect just that the BSPA hadnt acted as they should.

It could simply be that they felt the Godfrey conversation significant enough to be considered a binding ruling

Of course it does!

The ACU rescinded the free entry thing, and they reduced that spitefully huge fine to a far more reasonable £1000 for each meeting Holder missed.

The ACU considered that what the BSPA/SCB did was neither reasonable nor correct. It's stupid to even try to put a different spin on it.

You clearly don't know me...but I've worked you out and your motives, so for today I bid you farewell and hope you have a pleasant day.

finally! :party:

Let's hope you don't come back - but I'm sure you won't be able to resist it; your sort just can't help themselves. You even add "for today" to leave the door open. :rolleyes:

Edited by PE7Panther

Godfreys 'advice' is now pretty much spot on - so what case is there for him to answer?

Sorry I thought he denied giving it

Break the rules, make a profit from it and your fine will be an irrelevance. What a joke. Hardly a punishment if you gain from the whole situation.

It stinks. Riders not turning up is killing the sport, so promoters agreeing to it and taking a bung makes it even worse.

Seriously, for a second just think what would happen if AC Milan paid Manchester United not to play Lukaku or Pogba.

Of course it does!

The ACU rescinded the free entry thing, and they reduced that spitefully huge fine to a far more reasonable £1000 for each meeting Holder missed.

The ACU considered that what the BSPA/SCB did was neither reasonable nor correct. It's stupid to even try to put any different spin on it.

finally! :party:

Let's hope you don't come back - but I'm sure you won't be able to resist it; your sort just can't help themselves. You even add "for today" to leave the door open. :rolleyes:

Of course I will be back..even if it's just to annoy you..I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Break the rules, make a profit from it and your fine will be an irrelevance. What a joke. Hardly a punishment if you gain from the whole situation.

It stinks. Riders not turning up is killing the sport, so promoters agreeing to it and taking a bung makes it even worse.

Seriously, for a second just think what would happen if AC Milan paid Manchester United not to play Lukaku or Pogba.

that's a totally false (and spurious) analogy.

Sorry I thought he denied giving it

in others words, he lied through his teeth.

Todd Kurtz would be a very good shout

Hmmm.... better than BWD?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing with you; just wondering which would be a better shout. I think I'd be happy with either of them - with Nicholls at No.1 Jack Smith at No. 7

that's a totally false (and spurious) analogy.

In what way? A foreign team has paid Peterborough not to "play" their best rider. Peterborough speedway have taken a bung off another club not to field their most competitive team.

Or is it OK because it's Torun? But what happens if Peterborough get to the play-offs next year and Glasgow offer them 20k to "rest" someone? Is that OK? Or not?

Anyone got any popcorn, this could be good :)

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 3

Anyone got any popcorn, this could be good :)

You would have had wine gums if you had stopped throwing them at Witches fans! 😂

• Like 3

In what way? A foreign team has paid Peterborough not to "play" their best rider. Peterborough speedway have taken a bung off another club not to field their most competitive team.

Or is it OK because it's Torun? But what happens if Peterborough get to the play-offs next year and Glasgow offer them 20k to "rest" someone? Is that OK? Or not?

Perhaps the reason it has been reviewed is because Buster Chapman made remarks before it went to a disciplinary saying he was going to throw the book at Ged Rathbone thus influencing the outcome or verdict before the revue , when he should not have any sort of comment one way or another. I can't argue with fact it was the wrong thing to do accepting a bribe but maybe because Buster Chapman made comments before the inquiry as the sitting chairman ACU may have considered he may have influenced the verdict

• Like 1

Maybe because Lukaku and Pogba cant/don't play for both clubs...just saying.

SCB is bitter.

Was he complaining when Pawlicki was rested so he kept his position in reserve for the play-offs in 2011?

Edited by Jeremy Corbyn Fan
  • Like 1

SCB is bitter.

Was he complaining when Pawlicki was rested so he kept his position in reserve for the play-offs in 2011?

Not angry as Buster Chapman is now, he won't need to go to the barbers as by the time Christmas gets here he will have pulled all his hair out.

Todd Kurtz would be a very good shout

Rides the showground well but his away form leaves a lot to be desired.

• Like 1

Maybe because Lukaku and Pogba cant/don't play for both clubs...just saying.

Why not? You'll say rules. I'll say the rules say that Holder had to ride for Peterborough but he still didn't. So why can't AC Milan pay Manchester United a few £££ to take their start players for 3 weekends?