British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

Entry admission and season ticket prices seem fair enough to me, fans have a choice , takeaway food prices is my main issue, I rarely buy the food because of this, it's down to the showground management, so spare a thought for the takeaway venders as it's not them at fault.

Thats all fair enough, didnt realise it included prog and parking, hadnt taken that into consideration when I saw the price and voiced my initial shock at it being £50 more than our for same amount of meetings! Dont have to pay parking at ippo and ours doesnt include programme which to me is right as not everyone necessarily wants one! Still like you with those included not overly different in price

Very sad to see what's happening to our club.

Question. Does anyone feel that the constant mid season merry go round of riders being dropped / signed at P'Boro is having an impact on initial team building? Are riders simply keeping away as they feel other clubs offer more security?

From what i can see riders are decently paid at P'Boro, have a good home track to ride & all receive team suits which is a bonus to many so what is anything is the issue trying to lure British based riders to sign?

• Like 1

Question. Does anyone feel that the constant mid season merry go round of riders being dropped / signed at P'Boro is having an impact on initial team building? Are riders simply keeping away as they feel other clubs offer more security?

From what i can see riders are decently paid at P'Boro, have a good home track to ride & all receive team suits which is a bonus to many so what is anything is the issue trying to lure British based riders to sign?

i don't think so , anybody who has go the tin tack has deserved it (thro lack of form ) panthers biggest problem is they don't do signing on fees and ride sundays

• Like 1

If we don't sign Jack Holder, I can see protests erupting at our first meeting.

I can see you erupting all over that Plastic girlfriend of yours!! :D:D

I can see you erupting all over that Plastic girlfriend of yours!! :D:D

whichever way you look at it , there is more excitment from another humans touch (male or female ) than a lump of plastic , by the time ya blow it up, you are too tired to do owt. so i have been told !

peterbouough cant get riders to ride for the team because there is no future with the club , working for a hire and fire company .

just go and spend thousands on equipment and then 2 months down the line you are on the scrap heap .

reason for edit can should read cant oopps

Edited by jenga

Peterborough can't get riders to ride for the team because there is no future with the club, working for a hire and fire company .

just go and spend thousands on equipment and then 2 months down the line you are on the scrap heap .

Do the job that you've been brought in to do and you'll be fine. As has been said, if not then you could be out. If you don't think that you can meet those requirements then don't buy the equipment and don't sign the contract. If you choose to but it doesn't work then whose fault is that? The club and fans seem pretty loyal to those doing the job expected.

• Like 2

Do the job that you've been brought in to do and you'll be fine. As has been said, if not then you could be out. If you don't think that you can meet those requirements then don't buy the equipment and don't sign the contract. If you choose to but it doesn't work then whose fault is that? The club and fans seem pretty loyal to those doing the job expected.

What about riders who come in and do the job asked, up their averages and then are used to gain extra points when making multiple team changes because anoter rider is not pulling their weight?

Im not levying this directly at P'Boro as many clubs do this. Should be be disallowed to drop a rider who has increased his starting average? Or should there be some sort of severance package introduced?

• Like 1

we got bitten big time by sarj last season and now ge plans to double his average

and become a glasgow hero all because he defrauded workington spedway last year . (MY OWN THOUGHTS OF COURSE )

What about riders who come in and do the job asked, up their averages and then are used to gain extra points when making multiple team changes because anoter rider is not pulling their weight?

Im not levying this directly at P'Boro as many clubs do this. Should be be disallowed to drop a rider who has increased his starting average? Or should there be some sort of severance package introduced?

They have every right to be p'd off. I know I would be but I don't have a solution. Hopefully other clubs will take a rider who is doing their job but became as casualty because of others who weren't (didn't that happen to Ashley Morris under Rathbone?). Put yourself in the position of the promoter who's paying the bills and probably losing money. What would you do? It's just an unfortunate situation and not compatible with the compensation culture.

• Like 3

Two of the riders that were sacked have returned this year, so there doesn't appear to be any sour grapes with them. Riding on a Sunday is the biggest hurdle in my opinion. With so few fixtures next season, you would think we could organise our fixtures around Poland.

• Like 2

They have every right to be p'd off. I know I would be but I don't have a solution. Hopefully other clubs will take a rider who is doing their job but became as casualty because of others who weren't (didn't that happen to Ashley Morris under Rathbone?). Put yourself in the position of the promoter who's paying the bills and probably losing money. What would you do? It's just an unfortunate situation and not compatible with the compensation culture.

If the shape of the business model is not working successfully and sadly you are going down the pan then you have to change the business model , unfortunately Panthers have a history of getting the initial business model wrong and by the looks of things concerning this we are on course for a repeat performance.

• Like 1

If the shape of the business model is not working successfully and sadly you are going down the pan then you have to change the business model , unfortunately Panthers have a history of getting the initial business model wrong and by the looks of things concerning this we are on course for a repeat performance.

This 100% we seem to have a fetish for this strength in depth team building and then soon realise we're not getting enough heat winners