British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

Anyone who thinks Horton wont be involved somehow really need their heads testing

10 minutes ago, Wanna said:

Anyone who thinks Horton wont be involved somehow really need their heads testing

Well if that's the case then I'd agree to part of the spirit of your first post, if not the tone. You're looking for a story which isn't there at the moment. Watch this space as they say.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Wanna said:

Not for the first time you are 100% wrong.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Crump99 said:

The shocking news would have been if Panthers were not running. If you read what he's been brought in for then it makes perfect sense tbh. Rathbone still calls the shots and I'm sure that Neil will do a good job away from Supremo Horton. Given that Rathbone will be treading on eggshells with our lords and masters during 2018 I'd say that bringing in someone who seems to understand the rules and other issues as much as Neil is a smart move? Rathbone will no doubt listen to Neil and take his advice on board. I don't get the impression that that was one of Horton's strengths.

Apologies for a positive post, I'll go and lie down for a bit!

Conpletely agree with all of this

• Like 3

Neil how will your role at Peterborough clash if at all with the Coventry venture at Leicester which also wants to run on Sundays?

the only burning question i have is, how on earth did you find someone that understands the rules of speedway . this guy should be in charge of the uk speedway scene

because the other muppets that claim to run it , could not run a raffle .

on the other hand . its not great to see him passing comments onto posters and (trying ) to defend himself . he would have been better off letting his performances in Peterborough 

speedway speak for him .

me, personally i dont know the guy. so i dont know how of his past history . 

good luck to him at the  puddts in 2018.

heard a whisper K.K.H.  is on his way back .

good ole jenga strikes again . 

good to see all teams living and fighting in 2018.

signed your fav poster .

J.E.N.G.A.

Every club he gets involved in goes belly up, so hardly inspiring is it?

• Like 1

Anyway back k to team building who's our last two signings........

Edited by Flappy

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

Anyway back k to team building who's our last two signings........

I've  given up trying to work out where  the  2 riders are going to come from or if it's  going to be strength In depth or a big hitter and a low average rider personally I would prefer a big hitter at NO1 and possibly fit in Connor Mountain at reserve. Team building is not Panthers strongest point and I can see mid season changes will be part of the business yet again , just wish management tried filling the top end before filling the bottom end of the team . 

2 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Neil how will your role at Peterborough clash if at all with the Coventry venture at Leicester which also wants to run on Sundays?

Peterborough will take priority as I'm now a licensed promoter there, I will attend as many Coventry meetings as I can.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wanna said:

Every club he gets involved in goes belly up, so hardly inspiring is it?

That's not true, but I sense that you would never let facts get in the way of your snide, anonymous posts. The only Club I've ever been involved in that has ceased racing is Coventry in 2017, which was purely down to stadium availability.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

That's not true, but I sense that you would never let facts get in the way of your snide, anonymous posts. The only Club I've ever been involved in that has ceased racing is Coventry in 2017, which was purely down to stadium availability.  

Very refreshing that you are willing to come on the forum and discuss, a very well done, wish more promoters would do this 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Very refreshing that you are willing to come on the forum and discuss, a very well done, wish more promoters would do this 

It usually ends in tears so I'm afraid that I disagree. Frost and Mahoney kept everything in house and club business was communicated only on official channels, that's the way to do it. We have a long history of club officials and the internet and it's often not very pretty.