British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

4 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Already we have too many old faces with little or no improvement in them , difficult to see  a fruitful season ahead without a big hitter at NO1. No disrespects to Ulrich Ostergaard  but he's definitely not a NO1

Spot on can anyone really see any of MPT, Ostergaard, Lunna, Lambert or Grondal adding 1.5-2 points to their average? 

Even if we do sign a big hitter at 1 it just leaves a disjointed team with Ostergaard and MPT in heat leader spots. 

There's a reason why Ostergaard was hidden at 4 all of last season 

Edited by Flappy

7 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Spot on can anyone really see any of MPT, Ostergaard, Lunna, Lambert or Grondal adding 1.5-2 points to their average? 

Even if we do sign a big hitter at 1 it just leaves a disjointed team with Ostergaard and MPT in heat leader spots. 

There's a reason why Ostergaard was hidden at 4 all of last season 

Well I know there is no way I could feel enthusiastic about those signed riders so far , a big hitter NO1 might make them more competitive , but still not good enough to win anything.

2 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Lunna will add .75 to his average if he stays fit he’s still on the upward curve 

Then it will not take him long to be NO1 then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Drop that silly rule stopping Nicholls and Kennett doubling up and sign both as well as ripping the current team up

1 Nicholls 

2 Lambert 

3 Ostergaard 

4 Sedgmen 

5 Kennett 

6 Pijper 

7 Wood 

Edited by Flappy

9 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Drop that silly rule stopping Nicholls and Kennett doubling up and sign both as well as ripping the current team up

1 Nicholls 

2 Lambert 

3 Ostergaard 

4 Sedgemen 

5 Kennett 

6 Pijper 

7 Wood 

Flakier than a Danish pastry :lol::P

7 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

But much better than what we have now 

6 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

6 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I wouldn't get too enthusiastic about it either  , I think we are looking at a summer of discontent , wouldn't be surprised if J. Holder is back as NO1 and maybe they are waiting to get around his Polish fixture schedule, just a  guess not sure it would be a popular decision though with fans but they probably have very little choice as things stand.

13 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

I'd take Jack Holder even if Torun get priority for fixtures.

A number 1 for 75% of our fixtures is better than no number 1 for 100% of our fixtures.

True , but would fans accept this , the 25% with a 2 pointer at NO1 is very worrying IMO. Poor team building  yet again .

13 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

As long as Torun are happy to pay the BSPA fine and subsidise Ged for the lower crowd attendance, I don't see there being a problem. 

There's a deal to be made. 

Surely Torun understand that Holder can't just be a reserve, the boy needs to be riding regularly! 

just like the last fraudulent  deal , better ask Godfrey again . what a nugget .

50 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

As long as Torun are happy to pay the BSPA fine and subsidise Ged for the lower crowd attendance, I don't see there being a problem. 

There's a deal to be made. 

Surely Torun understand that Holder can't just be a reserve, the boy needs to be riding regularly! 

I really don't think we want to go down that route again now do we .

It's a funny old sport. On the one hand you have fans hoping for a bit of continuity and keeping riders from the previous year, how it used to be,  but then you have others who aren't keen on old faces reappearing. Can't please everyone I suppose. :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Gemini said:

It's a funny old sport. On the one hand you have fans hoping for a bit of continuity and keeping riders from the previous year, how it used to be,  but then you have others who aren't keen on old faces reappearing. Can't please everyone I suppose. :D

I have no problem with old riders returning  , they are ok in there own right, the problem is we have not used the averages correctly to build the team , too many middle order riders and very little clout with heat leaders , and of the old riders returning , I can't see how they will improve  at all from the averages they have already got

• Like 1