British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

1 hour ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Despite our poor side, I still wouldn't bet against us in the PL Fours.

We really turn up on the big occasions.

Is there are fours meeting for 2018  ?

5 minutes ago, Speedway197635 said:

I reckon Panthers will make changes and Nicholls and Kennett will be in the side..

To get those pair in the team they would have to drop at least 2 of the 5 already signed . I can't see that happening.

7 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Is there are fours meeting for 2018  ?

If there is it will not be at Peterborough, all part of continuing Mafia reprisals.

We should rip up the side but we won't.

Is anyone that confident the rule will change anyway?

49 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

If there is it will not be at Peterborough, all part of continuing Mafia reprisals.

we have a National Stadium for such events - neutral, central and good racing

• Like 3

11 hours ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Despite our poor side, I still wouldn't bet against us in the PL Fours.

We really turn up on the big occasions.

and lose interest in the rest of the season .your lot still waiting for a number 1 ?

26 minutes ago, jenga said:

and lose interest in the rest of the season .your lot still waiting for a number 1 ?

And a decent 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flappy said:

We should rip up the side but we won't.

Is anyone that confident the rule will change anyway?

The only way the rule should be changed is if all Championship clubs vote to amend it, if only one opposes it then it should not be changed, imo.  My reasoning for this is that majority of clubs have built their teams based on rules which were agreed (whether the rule is good/bad is irrelevant) and if it is changed now it potentially puts some clubs at a disadvantage, as they may have had thoughts on who to use previously, but were not allowed - and puts others clubs at an advantage of giving them riders available who weren't previously.   It is almost like deciding halfway through season to change points to 5 for a win away from home, but saying to the 4 clubs who have ridden more away matches, tough you've missed out!!

As I said if all clubs are happy with this, then fine - but it shouldn't be a majority vote to win it needs to be unanimous.

Edited by Mad Max
Got name of league wrong!!!
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Thought that I just read somewhere that Peterborough wouldn't host them. Whether that be by choice or as a consequence I don't think was made clear?

19 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Trouble is they don’t do transparency and communication either, but n fact I am struggling to suggest anything they do well apart from complete incompetence.

Put their money in to keep things running I guess which is why they don't want transparency and unambiguous communications.

4 hours ago, ch958 said:

we have a National Stadium for such events - neutral, central and good racing

So we can expect all lower league SGB major events to be held there in 2018.

Edited by Crump99

39 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Thought that I just read somewhere that Peterborough wouldn't host them. Whether that be by choice or as a consequence I don't think was made clear?

It’s been made very clear, Peterborough are NOT hosting the Fours in 2018

• Like 1