British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

57 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

I wasn’t at the recent fans Forum but I have it on good authority that those present were told we wouldn’t be staging the Fours in 2018.

Biggest single BSPA event earner for 2017, went well didn’t it.

I was at the recent forum, and I can confirm that it IS what were were told.   

The phrase "stick it where the sun doesn't shine" wasn't actually mentioned, but nobody present was left in any doubt about what lay behind it - or about the reasons. 

I hope Ged did tell the BSPA to "stick it....."   - or preferably a stronger version! 

Cue a raft of snidey anti-Panthers/anti-Ged comments from the usual suspects -  all with a wafer-thin pretence of it being merely "banter"  :rolleyes:

Edited by PE7Panther
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Flappy said:

The rider says different 

http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.33653

Anyway with this new so called rule how can we wait for a heat leader?

Either way the team looks terrible.

It was bad enough from the first four riders signed  adding Grondal  to it as made it even worse as there is very little leeway with positions to fill, if they had left it at the four signed there would have been more opportunity with different combinations of riders . Panthers only hope now is they relax the 6 point rule that allows them to bring in a proper NO1, which is what they should have been looking into the moment they knew they had lost  Harris. Then maybe we would not be in this position . All this uncertainty of just who will be in the team and maybe playing a waiting game hoping for a rule change is not good business IMO. It could affect season ticket sales and also sponsorship deals for the club and riders. The only way you can describe it at best is shoddy.

2 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

I wasn’t at the recent fans Forum but I have it on good authority that those present were told we wouldn’t be staging the Fours in 2018.

Biggest single BSPA event earner for 2017, went well didn’t it.

That's what I said umpteen posts ago. As usual with anything speedway it's the why that's unlear without having to rely on reading between the lines of what someone thinks that the reason is?

10 hours ago, PE7Panther said:

I was at the recent forum, and I can confirm that it IS what were were told.   

The phrase "stick it where the sun doesn't shine" wasn't actually mentioned, but nobody present was left in any doubt about what lay behind it - or about the reasons. 

I hope Ged did tell the BSPA to "stick it....."   - or preferably a stronger version! 

Cue a raft of snidey anti-Panthers/anti-Ged comments from the usual suspects -  all with a wafer-thin pretence of it being merely "banter"  :rolleyes:

Nothing anti from me on this one

Cant blame Ged at all for a 'stick it' stance

Will save my 'snidey banter' for something else :P

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 22/12/2017 at 8:29 AM, Flappy said:

We should rip up the side but we won't.

Is anyone that confident the rule will change anyway?

Can tell you 100% it is in january. That's why your not naming anymore riders yet.

1 hour ago, Speedway197635 said:

Can tell you 100% it is in january. That's why your not naming anymore riders yet.

What the rule is changing?

7 hours ago, Speedway197635 said:

How can they change the rules now, the season hasn't even started and the great and the good are tinkering already.

Anyway there isn't any indication that rules will be changed.

What the BSPA really need to do is take into account all the issues arising from conference regarding averages,league set-ups, team building etc.,admit they made a complete mess of things and say 2018-new year,fresh start,lets have another meeting in January and redo the whole thing before 2018 is an even bigger mess than 2017.It won't happen but for the sake of the sport somebody somewhere needs to get a grip on reality

• Like 2

workington are waiting on the outcome of scotty n average too !

48 minutes ago, alang said:

What the BSPA really need to do is take into account all the issues arising from conference regarding averages,league set-ups, team building etc.,admit they made a complete mess of things and say 2018-new year,fresh start,lets have another meeting in January and redo the whole thing before 2018 is an even bigger mess than 2017.It won't happen but for the sake of the sport somebody somewhere needs to get a grip on reality

“All promoters left the meeting with great enthusiasm towards the 2018 season.”

Same time next year lads!

At least we're not guilty because we had no representation.

Edited by Crump99

36 minutes ago, jenga said:

workington are waiting on the outcome of scotty n average too !

It's not Scotty we're waiting for 

All the promoters left the AGM a few weeks ago with an agreement on the rules for the 2018 season, including team building. They cannot all of a sudden, and half way through team building, change the rules. 

1 hour ago, screm said:

How can they change the rules now, the season hasn't even started and the great and the good are tinkering already.

Anyway there isn't any indication that rules will be changed.

They can do anything that they want and they wouldn't let looking incompetent get in the way. Usually no smoke without fire.

(answers other post as well)

As long as everyone else has time to work with the new rules before a wheel is turned then it can be seen as fair even if a bit of a cock up, but what's new!

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

If they change the rules..all teams put together should be null and void and team building should be allowed to start a fresh for everyone....That's the only fair way of doing it.  also every riders average assessed or re assessed and open to all teams...not assessed on case by case 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

If they change the rules..all teams put together should be null and void and team building should be allowed to start a fresh for everyone....That's the only fair way of doing it.  also every riders average assessed or re assessed and open to all teams...not assessed on case by case 

Teambuilding would start afresh. Those teams who already have a line up can choose whether or not they wish to change. It's potentially a cock up with no right answer and winners and losers but who is surprised.