British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

If the rules change can those teams still wanting a top no1 actually afford to sign them

Imagine the price Scott can demand now 

Bidding to start at £150 per point?

2 grand a meeting I would think....150 a point as you say you be the minimum....considering he wanted double his previous offer.

so if the rule changes near the start of the season. what will happen to all those riders that have invested heavily in new equipment, signed into a van hire agreement .sponsorship sourced and other stuff .

where are they left . the rule cannot be changednow and must not be changed, just because some fans/promoters could not get the riders they wanted after the AGM. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, screm said:

How can they change the rules now, the season hasn't even started and the great and the good are tinkering already.

Anyway there isn't any indication that rules will be changed.

I'm telling you it is going to happen I know that for a fact.

So if what's stated above is true and the rule gets changed which formula works best?

13.76 left 

Hans Anderson 10.07 &  Tom Perry 3.61

Scott Nicholls 9.72 & Rob Branford 3.94 

Edward Kennett 8.30 & Jan Graversen 5.27 

Kenneth Bjerre 11.02 & Tom Bacon 2.67 

Or rip the current side up completely and sign 2 of the above and build around them 

Edited by Flappy

Don't forget all your teams will need to include lambert and oystercard...so you can't throw them all away.

Edited by Baldyman

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

So if what's stated above is true and the rule gets changed which formula works best?

13.76 left 

Or rip the current side up completely and sign 2 of the above and build around them 

Rob Branford not returning  from Aus  for 2018 , Jan Graversen  did a good job at Sheffield last season but his away form is very suspect, not a great lover of Eddie Kennett , he can be either brilliant or score nothing. You're 1st option looks best to me but at the moment it's all conjecture  as we have to wait and see how things pan out .

so , the fat lad comes tonight . stay safe  and enjoy the time over Christmas. 

wishing ALL  my friends great time , dont do any stupid stuff and look forward to your team doing well  in 2018 .

( one of my favourite sites ) inc  glasgow. sheffield , redcar, edinbra and of course wucky. 

merry xmas EVERYONE !

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Speedway197635 said:

I'm telling you it is going to happen I know that for a fact.

You may very well be right, my point is it cant be right for the BSPA to all of a sudden change the rules on how teams can be put together. If there were rules governing who can or who cant race in the Championship then those rules should be stuck to.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, screm said:

You may very well be right, my point is it cant be right for the BSPA to all of a sudden change the rules on how teams can be put together. If there were rules governing who can or who cant race in the Championship then those rules should be stuck to.

No change there then

10 hours ago, Flappy said:

13.76 left 

They could out Ulrich and have Scotty Kennett and bacon

1 hour ago, screm said:

Doesn't matter how many times you say it, if they wan't to do it they will. If the season had started then it's a much bigger issue but half way through the close season gives everyone the chance to work within the new rules. No it isn't very clever to have to correct an avoidable cock up but surely it's more of a case that it can't be right not to do something.

49 minutes ago, Speedway197635 said:

They could out Ulrich and have Scotty Kennett and bacon

More chance of me winning Euromillions, and that's a 6 man team at the EoES unless Bacon bulks himself up and/or suddenly gets more aggressive on the bike.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

If rules are changed would it give scunthorpe any extra points to play with for the last place

Unlikely to affect Scunny unless Scott is reassessed as a 2 :P

• Haha 1