British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 5:50 PM, Irk Deflector said:

Got Grondal already just need to find another! #inGedwetrust

I  heard that the BSPA have reaccessed  Grondal's  average from 4.39  to 5.20 .Perhaps somebody at the BSPA could explain the logic bearing in mind how the Lakeside  team averages  have been doctored to make them below 42.50

7 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

I  heard that the BSPA have reaccessed  Grondal's  average from 4.39  to 5.20 .Perhaps somebody at the BSPA could explain the logic bearing in mind how the Lakeside  team averages  have been doctored to make them below 42.50

That’s not correct.

What is not correct, Grondal's average or those of Lakeside?

Edited by wealdstone

Reports from Redcar are that they were (virtually) told by BSPA that they had to increase their asset base - my reckoning gives them - Anderson, Busch and Branford (plus some others who are unlikely to be of value)  I thought Peterborough had Ostergaard, Grondal & Phillips  which would  seem pretty similar, has anyone heard if they were given the same instruction?

maybe you are getting a totally new rider to boost asset numbers?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, New era Panthers said:

4.39 is too high let alone 5.20

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Even with Nicholls it's difficult to find many other positives with the team.  As for the last rider i have no idea unless Branford can be persuaded to come back over.

Would any new rider to the league come in on a 4 average?

1 Nicholls 

2 Lambert 

3 Lunna

4 Ostergaard 

5 MPT

6 Grondal 

7 4.04 

Edited by Flappy

7 hours ago, Mad Max said:

Reports from Redcar are that they were (virtually) told by BSPA that they had to increase their asset base - my reckoning gives them - Anderson, Busch and Branford (plus some others who are unlikely to be of value)  I thought Peterborough had Ostergaard, Grondal & Phillips  which would  seem pretty similar, has anyone heard if they were given the same instruction?

maybe you are getting a totally new rider to boost asset numbers?

you either have to have assets or pay a bond to cover any debts and such like if your club goes to the wall

thats why they like you to build a assett base

2 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

you either have to have assets or pay a bond to cover any debts and such like if your club goes to the wall

thats why they like you to build a assett base

So they can be taken off your club and given to another club when the promotor leaves 

if a promotor packs in they have a set amount of time to sell them or they go to the bspa (i think thats how it is now )

years ago a promotor could pack in but keep the assetts  but that changed a few years back im sure

you need to be a active promotor i think now

and they certainly wouldnt be given to another club

usually when it does happen the full club assetts go up for auction as a job lot

thats what happened with hull  and bids were in sealed envelopes apparntly

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

Even with Nicholls it's difficult to find many other positives with the team.  As for the last rider i have no idea unless Branford can be persuaded to come back over.

1 Nicholls 

2 Lambert 

3 Lunna

4 Ostergaard 

5 MPT

6 Grondal 

7 4.04 

Tom Perry looks to be about the best bet at 3.61.  When he rode for Panthers in 2016 He raised his average from a 3 pointer to over 5 before getting injured and having to come from injury in the NO2 position  and seemed to loose confidence . Maybe worth another gamble at reserve.

2 hours ago, Flappy said:

1 Nicholls 

2 Lambert 

3 Lunna

4 Ostergaard 

5 MPT

6 Grondal 

7 4.04 

peterborough will win the league with that team building averages .   74.04 . and still one rider to be signed as well !

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, jenga said:

peterborough will win the league with that team building averages .   74.04 . and still one rider to be signed as well !

How very amusing you are.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1