British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

Nike Lunna has asked via Facebook if anyone is interested in sponsoring him in anyway for this season. He can be contacted via Facebook or messenger he a great kid and won’t let you down .

On 12/01/2018 at 12:19 AM, New era Panthers said:

Tom Perry looks to be about the best bet at 3.61.  When he rode for Panthers in 2016 He raised his average from a 3 pointer to over 5 before getting injured and having to come from injury in the NO2 position  and seemed to loose confidence . Maybe worth another gamble at reserve.

As you say i can't seea better option.  I'd have liked to see Danny Ayres signed but his average is just too high. Any brit reduction?

We've made a right pigs ear of building this team.......again 

Edited by Flappy

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

As you say i can't seea better option.  I'd have liked to see Danny Ayres signed but his average is just too high. Any vrit reduction?

We've made a right pigs ear of building this team.......again 

And I  always thought it was all down to TS

• Like 1

Rathbone has also pleaded with fans to be patient regarding news of Panthers final two signings during what is a frustrating time for all concerned;

"We currently have nothing new to reveal as far as our final two signings are concerned and of course as soon as contracts are signed and sealed we will make the necessary announcements. Unfortunately, it does look as though it will be at least the end of this month before there is anything definite to report".

http://www.peterboroughpanthers.co/news.php?extend.3282.4

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, blupanther said:

Rathbone has also pleaded with fans to be patient regarding news of Panthers final two signings during what is a frustrating time for all concerned;

"We currently have nothing new to reveal as far as our final two signings are concerned and of course as soon as contracts are signed and sealed we will make the necessary announcements. Unfortunately, it does look as though it will be at least the end of this month before there is anything definite to report".

http://www.peterboroughpanthers.co/news.php?extend.3282.4

In other words he has winged the team building as he hasn't had a plan

29 minutes ago, Flappy said:

In other words he has winged the team building as he hasn't had a plan

no, in other words they're just waiting for rules to change

• Like 1

Hope he is not left with egg on his face

7 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

Love to know Geds plan if the rules don’t change

If he even knows himself......

He is obviously lucky the rules will be changed...cos what was he going to do before it was decided they would change.  Team building doesn't seem his forte.

Edited by Baldyman

so if the rules change , where does that leave other prem riders who  where that  told their average was too high to do racing in the best league (champ) .would they have a case against the governing body ? 

11 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

He is obviously lucky the rules will be changed...cos what was he going to do before it was decided they would change.  Team building doesn't seem his forte.

How would you know the rules are going to change , I hope they do but nothing is certain and if they don't change then one or two teams as well as Panthers will have a massive headache trying to put together a competitive team ., so for that reason alone i'm hoping they do change but I have an open mind just what the BSPA intend to do

1 minute ago, jenga said:

so if the rules change , where does that leave other prem riders who  where that  told their average was too high to do racing in the best league (champ) .would they have a case against the governing body ? 

Errr  ..... no!

2 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

How would you know the rules are going to change , I hope they do but nothing is certain and if they don't change then one or two teams as well as Panthers will have a massive headache trying to put together a competitive team ., so for that reason alone i'm hoping they do change but I have an open mind just what the BSPA intend to do

Perhaps the promoters left the agm all thinking that no one was barred

Only when certain riders turned certain promoters down was the proposal made and introduced......

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

As far as I can see, only TWO clubs do not have their No. 1's named.  Peterborough and Newcastle, so of course you'll both want the rule to change and bugg*r the other Nine other clubs who may have wanted to sign Scott Nicholls. 

I for one hope it stays the same with NO rule change to penalise the clubs who have full team and serves you right for hanging on !!!!

Edited by workyboy
  • Like 5