British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

We didn't hang on they didn't have a plan. 

Nicholls and a 4 pointer really doesn't change much imo as Lambert will be at number 2 where he's struggled all too often.

• Like 1

Spot on Workyboy.  There is absolutely no way teams that have done their work, and got themselves organised, should face upheaval because of other teams who dawdle and dawdle and then expect to have things all their own way. Not on !!

Edited by parkendlass
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, parkendlass said:

Spot on Workyboy.  There is absolutely no way teams that have done their work, and got themselves organised, should face upheaval because of other teams who dawdle and dawdle and then expect to have things all their own way. Not on !!

Changes can be made 

11 minutes ago, parkendlass said:

Explain how that comment applies to Newcastle. We have not known if we were even running till just before Xmas, therefore not able to even talk to most targets, but some riders pledged their allegiance to us in those circumstances in the hope we ran. Thank you Ash Morris, Stuey Robson and others to be announced. I wonder if it is because it is Newcastle  why you made that stupid statement.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

We didn't hang on they didn't have a plan. 

Nicholls and a 4 pointer really doesn't change much imo as Lambert will be at number 2 where he's struggled all too often.

Which means we will be operating with at least 3 potential reserves. With the first four already signed making Grondal the fifth signing was a shocking decision leaving very little room for getting the last two signings right , what ever the plan was it's baffled a few people and I can't see why others should worry about who Panthers last two signings are , I cant see how any of those signed so far have improvement in them . It looks like another season of middle to bottom of league team to me and with or without Nicholls I see it making very little difference. 

13 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Explain how that comment applies to Newcastle. We have not known if we were even running till just before Xmas, therefore not able to even talk to most targets, but some riders pledged their allegiance to us in those circumstances in the hope we ran. Thank you Ash Morris, Stuey Robson and others to be announced. I wonder if it is because it is Newcastle  why you made that stupid statement.

We at the Comet's didn't know we were running till middle of November but Laura (bless her) managed to get a team sorted. So what's your problem?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, workyboy said:

We at the Comet's didn't know we were running till middle of November but Laura (bless her) managed to get a team sorted. So what's your problem?

The difference is you still have the same promoters that were in position last year. No changes.

On the other hand, last years promotion has had to be dissolved, and a new company is in the process of still being set up. Until things were certain that we were going to get acceptance and be able to run, we were not really in a position to formally sign anybody in case things didn't work out.

But I am sure you knew that anyway. Thanks for your concern. 

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

on what grounds would a new promotor NOT be accepted 

you only have to look at most promotors and if you dig deep enough you can find a dark past . money laundering, drugs, and dare i say it . two promotors trying to pull a fast one over the rest of u.k. speedway . 

now they want sympathy for not having a no 1 . i am sure the bent bspa/scb will bend the rules for the remaining two clubs and sod the ones who didnt have a chance to go for nicholls/kennet or any other available prem rider .

but speedway goes on , JUST .

Edited by jenga
  • Haha 1

Makes no odds really as neither Nicholls or Kennett wouldve gone anywhere near Worky :lol:

• Like 2

so you say !

we would not have nicholls back after he had a so called race with richard lawson and i think rusty .(laws put him into the weeds)

claimed it was too cold to race and didnt do the third race . promised to come back and finish the job , but never did  .

took the money and fecked off . 

every time we see him on bt sport , we all abuse at him . LOL....

Edited by jenga
hall...all !
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, jenga said:

on what grounds would a new promotor NOT be accepted 

you only have to look at most promotors and if you dig deep enough you can find a dark past . money laundering, drugs, and dare i say it . two promotors trying to pull a fast one over the rest of u.k. speedway . 

now they want sympathy for not having a no 1 . i am sure the bent bspa/scb will bend the rules for the remaining two clubs and sod the ones who didnt have a chance to go for nicholls/kennet or any other available prem rider .

but speedway goes on , JUST .

If they change the rule you have the same chance as all other teams to sign them and re declare but with the attitude coming from you towards these riders one can understand why you've got little chance of signing either of them anyway. The season is still a couple of months away as yet so what's the hurry to complete teams as there is no time limit .

i have the same attitude towards sarj and nicholls as you have towards holder and others !

there is a time limit , its called the first meeting of the season . we arnt panicking , are you ?

Edited by jenga
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Tsunami said:

How is it a stupid statement ?. Getting things organised applies to everything we do. Someone chucking a spanner in what is an organised thing causes trouble, but not to the spanner thrower.

I haven't mentioned Newcastle. It matters not what team it is, it is nothing to do with Newcastle.

My team Redcar have still got half the team to announce, but they are going about their business quietly.

22 hours ago, workyboy said:

As far as I can see, only TWO clubs do not have their No. 1's named.  Peterborough and Newcastle, so of course you'll both want the rule to change and bugg*r the other Nine other clubs who may have wanted to sign Scott Nicholls. 

20 hours ago, parkendlass said:

26 minutes ago, parkendlass said:

I haven't mentioned Newcastle. It matters not what team it is, it is nothing to do with Newcastle.

My team Redcar have still got half the team to announce, but they are going about their business quietly.

As workyboy says "Only TWO teams do not have a No 1 . Peterborough and Newcastle."

So you reply knowing it was Newcastle.

Redcar aren't looking for a No 1 as you already have Barker.  

3 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

If they change the rule you have the same chance as all other teams to sign them and re declare but with the attitude coming from you towards these riders one can understand why you've got little chance of signing either of them anyway. The season is still a couple of months away as yet so what's the hurry to complete teams as there is no time limit .

21 hours ago, parkendlass said:

There is another way to look at the situation , it seems that the teams that Quickly sorted their teams,  knew about the new rule, that suddenly got brought in re the blocking of some  Prem  riders,  I heard that a few Teams were not represented in Tenerife, and nothing of this rule was reported directly afterwards,  I have never seen that many teams sorted out way before Xmas, seems a bit of a dodgy  coincidence to me, so some teams who are not part of the Maffia, are struggling to  get a competitive team