British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

33 minutes ago, jenga said:

so just how do they/you determine the top league from the 2nd tier  league in speedway when all the riders are the same in both leagues ?

and then there is a small matter of scott being a presenter on B.T.  sports when the G.P.s are on and him being in the team in the championship on a Saturday night cant use r/r for a rider presenting speedway on the box , can you ? 

workington  will be moving their race night when cookie rides in 2018 so it will not have any issues with fans wating to stop at home and watch one of Cumbrias finest . 

AHH , Scott Nicholls , the man that wont ride in the cold .  bless .

So that leaves just Berwick and possibly Lakeside who will be riding on a GP night.  I don't think it's going to be a major issue if he's allowed to ride in the Championship in 2018,

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jenga said:

i dont understand why peterborough are waiting for a rule change . its done them no good having great riders in the team , you have to cut your cloth to suit how fat you are . . 

one man cant win a team event , (apart from the 4s) home advantage an all that ..the governing body needs to make the rules (like they did) AND STICK TO THEM . 

HOW HARD CAN IT B ?

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

Most teams have built their teams as the rules are now so ALL teams should abide by them.

IF they decide to change the rule to allow 6+ PL riders in, then changes CAN be made AFTER the season has started & after the rider to be changed has ridden a certain number of meetings of after a set date. That way, it is fair for all clubs.

This is about fairness.  There is no rule about 6+PL riders being barred from the Championship, Cook, Morris & Harris are three examples.

The rule is unfair because it makes an arbitrary decision on whether you rode in that league the previous season.  All riders are out of contract at the end of one season and start again with finding clubs - if the points limit is set to make it fair for all teams then the eligibility should be the same for the riders.  I don't think the rule was made to penalise certain riders but it's clear that that is how it has turned out.  A Premiership No.1 and also a GP rider can rider CL but Kennett, for example, cannot.  It's simply favouritism and positive discrimination for those who can.  Effectively, we're progressing to one league and as some have pointed out, as a CL side could actually have stronger heat leaders than a PL one! 

Edited by SPEEDY69
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, jenga said:

so just how do they/you determine the top league from the 2nd tier  league in speedway when all the riders are the same in both leagues ?

and then there is a small matter of scott being a presenter on B.T.  sports when the G.P.s are on and him being in the team in the championship on a Saturday night cant use r/r for a rider presenting speedway on the box , can you ? 

workington  will be moving their race night when cookie rides in 2018 so it will not have any issues with fans wating to stop at home and watch one of Cumbrias finest . 

AHH , Scott Nicholls , the man that wont ride in the cold .  bless .

Is it just me who finds people who hold grudges several years later irritating?

Also please let me know which second division teams that Tungate, Fricke, Vaculik, Pieszczek, Andersen, Iversen, Doyle, Batchelor, Thorsell, Kasprzak, Kurtz, Woryna, Szczepaniak, Holder, Jeppersen, Andersen, Lambert, Cook, Bellego, Masters and Musielak are riding for this year as I think I must have missed it :)

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 7

Totally agree Baggy - there is still a huge difference between the divisions.

Yes it is narrowing a there is much greater crossover but it us still there.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I wonder whether this discrimination against Scot and Eddie would hold up at an Employment Tribunal. The precedent has possibly already been set with the likes of Morris, King and the like.

16 hours ago, jenga said:

i dont understand why peterborough are waiting for a rule change . its done them no good having great riders in the team , you have to cut your cloth to suit how fat you are . . 

one man cant win a team event , (apart from the 4s) home advantage an all that ..the governing body needs to make the rules (like they did) AND STICK TO THEM . 

HOW HARD CAN IT B ?

Yes I agree with you, If, the new rules were made at the end of the previous season,  was carefully thought out, and discussed with  promoters for their views etc,  before being set,  not just as an afterthought, as this appears to have been.

jimg

15 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Totally agree Baggy - there is still a huge difference between the divisions.

Yes it is narrowing a there is much greater crossover but it us still there.

there is a difference  between the leagues , but not huge one sarj @ reserve for leeeceesteer  and @ reserve for glaaasgooow . .

only the odd one or two good prem stars that cant be in our league. but that could change if the powers that be cave in and then both leagues will be the same , except for the prem promotors  charging more to get in for what is basically the same product . 

yes , there is a small gap , but not a huge one .

there was a time when a good no 1 would make a reserve for a top league team . how things have changed ..

• Like 1

GED REINSTATED!

Saturday January 20, 2018
rathbone_ged4.jpg
We are pleased to announce that Ged Rathbone has had his promoters licence reinstated with immediate effect and will now be a full promoter for the 2018 season
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Its January , team announcement in limbo , obviously no fixtures or other goings on - thats as real as news gets at this time....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Flappy said:

Is that really news 

Well its certainly not fake news  :wink:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Nicholls & a new 4 point foreigner is most likely the team news. Would prefer Nathan Grieves if he fits personally. 

Scott 9.72 Nathan 4.51

4 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Scott 9.72 Nathan 4.51

Thanks bruv, looks like a 4 point newcomer then. Be gutted if Nathan doesn't get a team, he is better than Grondal & quite a few other foreign riders that have secured team places for next season in my opinion.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Thanks bruv, looks like a 4 point newcomer then. Be gutted if Nathan doesn't get a team, he is better than Grondal & quite a few other foreign riders that have secured team places for next season in my opinion.

Sadly pp Nathan tweeted the other day, only riding for wolves:sad:.

Hopefully that will change during the season

• Sad 1