British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

Was Karger the guy that had a great win over Smiler Sam Masters that season? 

20 minutes ago, TheScotsman said:

Was Karger the guy that had a great win over Smiler Sam Masters that season? 

Yes... :)

Heat 11: Karger, Masters, Robson, Riss. 4-2, 34-31, 59.5

3 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Peter karger  rode for Rye House in 2016 twelve meetings to achieve an average 2.18 maybe he's the Dane 4 pointer, i hope not though,  think we can do much better than that with British riders even though they are few and far between at this level.

jeez panthers  have already  signed enough riders who's average will drop ,   karger  would be suicide

• Like 2

3 hours ago, blupanther said:

Yes... :)

Heat 11: Karger, Masters, Robson, Riss. 4-2, 34-31, 59.5

That's the one. 

Track was bald as a coot and Karger gated like a dream and rode perfectly. 

I am becoming increasingly worried about the team Panthers will end up with. Those recruited so far are not exactly inspiring  and in view of deafening silence from management I remain to be convinced that they have a plan B or C let alone a plan A.

12 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

I am becoming increasingly worried about the team Panthers will end up with. Those recruited so far are not exactly inspiring  and in view of deafening silence from management I remain to be convinced that they have a plan B or C let alone a plan A.

12 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

Tom Perry or Branford looks best bet tbh

You are not alone on that score. If this is plan A  I  think plan B will soon follow as soon as the next set of averages are released.

Edited by New era Panthers

Why can't Ged and Carl build a team? 

Has Neil Watson had any input?

I really cannot see any significant increase in the starting averages of Ostergaard, MPT, Lunna, Lambert or Grondal 

just give it until the new averages come out , lambo,oyster,mpt and just about every other rider on the cats team will have lowered their averages to a point that p/borough will be able to fit in nikki p . 

then they will regain some form and its  billshot as usual !

Edited by jenga
cant spell it !

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

I really cannot see any significant increase in the starting averages of Ostergaard, MPT, Lunna, Lambert or Grondal 

Maybe if Lambert was starting off as a reserve I could see him upping his average by a point , but it looks like he will probably start at  #2 . So like yourself I can't   see where an improvement in any of the 5 already signed is going to come from which also may include the final 2 signed .Bearing in mind if we should sign Nicholls, who would expect him to carry his average of 9.72 through the season or add anything to it. That's why I think if this is plan A , then when new averages are issued look out for plan B to kick in. Never have I felt so underwhelmed  or been less enthusiastic about the start of a new season.

Edited by New era Panthers
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Flappy said:

#inGedwetrust

Panthers will be fine. 

9 hours ago, Panthers89 said:

Tom Perry or Branford looks best bet tbh

Perry retired and Branford not coming to UK in 2018 has been said on other threads

9 hours ago, Flappy said:

Hope the riders are not reading any of the stuff on here - either it will inspire them to prove everyone wrong or they will think why bother?

sarj knows all about not bothering ! a turtle in kevlars .

Edited by jenga

1 hour ago, TesarRacing said:

Hope the riders are not reading any of the stuff on here - either it will inspire them to prove everyone wrong or they will think why bother?

Do you really think the riders would give a single monkeys about what anyone thinks...even if they did read it??