British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

I'm thinking of writing to my local Labour MP. 

She is very much on the side of the workers, against the big corporates. 

Edited by JeremyCorbynFan
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

i was thinking of doing the same. its an injustice to the ones that play by the rules !

Don't feel sorry for Panthers at all in this as Nicholls wasn't plan A as he was off to Lakeside

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Ha ha love it 

9 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Don't feel sorry for Panthers at all in this as Nicholls wasn't plan A as he was off to Lakeside

Exactly, and he's claiming being stopped earning a living, so riding for rye house and bt tv is not earning a living:blink:

So he'd signed up before Christmas expecting the rule to be changed??

He and Edward are unfortunate but the line has to be drawn somewhere and it's included them. Bit like me with my old age pension, being born a month later means I have to miss out for 7 years, I feel hard done by but the line had to be somewhere first.

3 minutes ago, Badge said:

Exactly, and he's claiming being stopped earning a living, so riding for rye house and bt tv is not earning a living:blink:

So he'd signed up before Christmas expecting the rule to be changed??

He and Edward are unfortunate but the line has to be drawn somewhere and it's included them. Bit like me with my old age pension, being born a month later means I have to miss out for 7 years, I feel hard done by but the line had to be somewhere first.

However as riders with higher aves can double up, it's the equivalent of someone, who maybe older & richer getting a pension before you!

2 minutes ago, Badge said:

but the line has to be drawn somewhere

So draw the line in a fair manner. Top riders in the Premiership are not allowed to double up. Be it over 6, 7 or whatever average is thought sensible. That's straightforward and is equally penalising to all. What this rule does is arbitrary in the extreme.  You have riders of similar ability being treated quite differently. And you wonder why they cry foul?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, False dawn said:

So draw the line in a fair manner. Top riders in the Premiership are not allowed to double up. Be it over 6, 7 or whatever average is thought sensible. That's straightforward and is equally penalising to all. What this rule does is arbitrary in the extreme.  You have riders of similar ability being treated quite differently. And you wonder why they cry foul?

This rule was introduced for those riders who didn’t double-up last season and was seen as the first step towards reducing doubling-up in the sport.

Unfortunately, and regrettably, Scott Nicholls and Edward Kennett – two fine servants of British Speedway – were caught up in this.

Says it all really. They didn't double up last season as some riders, like Cook, Harris etc did. 

It seems a fair rule to me and does NOT prejudice Nicholls and Kennet in any way.

Edited by workyboy

Ha ha ha ha that’s your plan A gone up in smoke , well done mr Godfrey that’s another you’ve got over Peterborough . It’s simple play by the same rules as the rest of the championship heard Lee Dicken and Jon Armstrong are available on proper averages 

3 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

Pussy cats upset now playing to the same rules as every club

Thanks for joining in but I think you've missed the point. Good effort though.

All this talk about this going to Court, Well yes it could but the time factor would not make it Practical a Promoter could of course seek a

injunction but the costs would be astronomical and I’d be very surprised if any club in the country could afford one.

1 hour ago, blupanther said:

Non British riders on higher averages are being allowed to double up, a ruling passed at a conference does not trump employment discrimination laws. The rights and wrongs of the 'ruling' would be irrelevant in the appropriate court imo ....

What employment laws have been broken exactly ? Who has supposedly broken the law ?The riders are self employed. Who are they going to have a case against ? Who are Peterboro going to sue, and for what?

If there was a case (which there isn't ) the season would be over long before it reaches a hearing.

Tough on Scott and Ed and a complete dogs breakfast by Chapman & Co who go from bad to worse, and total ineptitude by Rathbone but there is no legal case here. Suck it up and move on.

• Like 1

So anyone want to guess the Panthers team?

I can see them begging Hansen for forgiveness and coming to a financial agreement with Sedgmen 

Ostergaard :unsure:

Lunna 

MPT 

Sedgmen 

Hansen 

Lambert 

Grondal 

No heat leaders at all and a rather desperate looking team 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1