British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

42 minutes ago, Daytripper said:

What employment laws have been broken exactly ? Who has supposedly broken the law ?The riders are self employed. Who are they going to have a case against ? Who are Peterboro going to sue, and for what?

If there was a case (which there isn't ) the season would be over long before it reaches a hearing.

Tough on Scott and Ed and a complete dogs breakfast by Chapman & Co who go from bad to worse, and total ineptitude by Rathbone but there is no legal case here. Suck it up and move on.

• Indirect discrimination - putting rules or arrangements in place that apply to everyone, but that put someone with a protected characteristic at an unfair disadvantage.

Fml if that’s the team the promotions b team is hell a lot of different to what I’d call a plan b.

5 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

Fml if that’s the team the promotions b team is hell a lot of different to what I’d call a plan b.

It's not going to be any better given those already signed 

5 minutes ago, Flappy said:

It's not going to be any better given those already signed 

Don’t disagree sadly 

10 minutes ago, blupanther said:
  • Indirect discrimination - putting rules or arrangements in place that apply to everyone, but that put someone with a protected characteristic at an unfair disadvantage.

There is no such law in this context. 

48 minutes ago, Flappy said:

So anyone want to guess the Panthers team?

I can see them begging Hansen for forgiveness and coming to a financial agreement with Sedgmen 

Ostergaard :unsure:

Lunna 

MPT 

Sedgmen 

Hansen 

Lambert 

Grondal 

No heat leaders at all and a rather desperate looking team 

Next plan - Sedgmen is injured

3 hours ago, blupanther said:

Non British riders on higher averages are being allowed to double up, a ruling passed at a conference does not trump employment discrimination laws. The rights and wrongs of the 'ruling' would be irrelevant in the appropriate court imo ....

Existing non British riders on lower 2017 PL averages  than Nicholls, such a Fricke, Bellego, Chris Holder, & Tungate are also barred from doubling-up, so your suggestion that the ruling discriminates against British riders is invalid.

5 minutes ago, cyclone said:

Existing non British riders on lower 2017 PL averages  than Nicholls, such a Fricke, Bellego, Chris Holder, & Tungate are also barred from doubling-up, so your suggestion that the ruling discriminates against British riders is invalid.

Perfectly valid as UK employment law is there to protect UK citizens not foreign nationals.....

3 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Perfectly valid as UK employment law is there to protect UK citizens not foreign nationals.....

You've missed the point,  the ruling does not  exclusively apply to UK citizens.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

But on another thread, people are moaning about not giving an American (who doesn't meet the criteria) a visa when British riders who are available, could do the job.

• Like 1

From what Scott is saying on Twitter that might not be the end of it...if I was him I would wedge that award they gave him right up Champmans arse.

On ‎30‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 12:20 PM, Taylorj said:

You really think it will be Nicholls then ....weeks away from the season , he wasn't eligible when other teams were building so hopefully justice is done and he still isn't ,                         a big risk leaving it this long for the Panthers considering who is on the BSPA panel ;)

In a nutshell spot on . Nothing but a pigs ear,  the last sentence tells everything , they should have expected this outcome, now lets see the plan B  if it exists.

Edited by New era Panthers

Not a fan but the only other option I can think of is Tungate...or is he not allowed too?

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

So anyone want to guess the Panthers team?

I can see them begging Hansen for forgiveness and coming to a financial agreement with Sedgmen 

Ostergaard :unsure:

Lunna 

MPT 

Sedgmen 

Hansen 

Lambert 

Grondal 

No heat leaders at all and a rather desperate looking team 

Under the circumstances that Peterborough are in, with not being able to put out a competitive side maybe they should withdraw from the league and put the license on ice for a year

11 minutes ago, Lukas said:

From what Scott is saying on Twitter that might not be the end of it...if I was him I would wedge that award they gave him right up Champmans arse.

Who says Chapman doesnt agree with him???

• Like 1