British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

9 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Wish someone would lead him back to the EoES then.

No way, did the stadium ok but nothing re teamwise, no enthusiasm at all, Ged has been best promoter we have had since I have been going , the Holder offer was too good to miss to ensure Panthers would continue, other  struggling clubs if offered, would have done the same in that situation,  I for one would have Jack Holder back ,if we cannot find another , its been mentioned  somewhere that he will not get many rides in Poland this year, a  real No 1 for  most matches is better than no real No1 at all

jimg        

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, jimg said:

No way, did the stadium ok but nothing re teamwise, no enthusiasm at all, Ged has been best promoter we have had since I have been going , the Holder offer was too good to miss to ensure Panthers would continue, other  struggling clubs if offered, would have done the same in that situation,  I for one would have Jack Holder back ,if we cannot find another , its been mentioned  somewhere that he will not get many rides in Poland this year, a  real No 1 for  most matches is better than no real No1 at all

jimg        

What about a number 5? It really doesn't matter who the number 1 is with this team 

2 hours ago, jimg said:

jimg        

Frost/Mahoney put on a good show at the top level but seemed badly advised on so many levels. The team particularly but with PR and communications being more business orientated and distant rather than at the people level. That's where Rathbone scores. Given the money and time Frost/Mahoney put in to save the club from Horton and then subsequently I think lack of enthusiasm is a bit harsh. We sort of morphed into a Holder situation for some reason. That's been done to death and he'll not be back.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Not sure where we will find 2 riders to even make us competitive.

Agree.  The team is a mess.  They could sign Jason Doyle and it wouldn't make a difference 

• Like 1

Because you run on a Sunday...the first thing to do was to get your big hitter sorted out before anything else....as the not so good riders are for or likely available on a Sunday., 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, proud panther said:

Not sure where we will find 2 riders to even make us competitive.

The 1st  4 to sign was very uninspiring and then to sign Grondal has only made it worse by leaving very little scope for the final 2 positions , first to be signed should have been a#1 and #5 then fill in the remaining positions. They knew that there was very little chance of Holder returning and as soon as they knew about Harris off to Glasgow they should have been on the ball to replace them . Instead of that they sign hand me downs from Glasgow and Scunthorpe then when it's to late they tell us not to panic , I am not convinced whoever they sign now are going to make them anything like what is required to be at the business level by the end of the season and can see them losing up to 5 home league meetings and getting hammered away on a regular basis. In short it's again a shoddy attempt at team building .

6 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Because you run on a Sunday...the first thing to do was to get your big hitter sorted out before anything else....as the not so good riders are for or likely available on a Sunday., 

The first thing to do was not run on Sunday. Same thing every close season these days with the who is and who isn't doing something else more important.

1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

Well yeah no Sundays would be better..but since you do run on a Sunday.......

Moving to Sunday's seemed the right thing to do crowd wise but I don't think anyone realised all the problems that go with it , I for one wish it was practical to get away from riding on Sunday's at least we would have half a chance of putting a decent team together .

7 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Didn't you also change to Sundays cos Cook wasn't allowed to race for you on a Friday??? 

Yes they did and gates were much better than Friday's and now if they go on a losing home run can see all the advantages they thought they had no longer an advantage as support will dwindle away.

32 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Didn't you also change to Sundays cos Cook wasn't allowed to race for you on a Friday??? 

Changed the named race day for the reason you say but Sundays started back end of 2014 and have predominantly continued that way ever since. You can see the logic for logistics and the potential crowd increase from visitors but that's countered by lack of riders and a seeming lack of ambition if there really is any desire to return to what's left, in name anyway, of top level speedway in GB.

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Well yeah no Sundays would be better..but since you do run on a Sunday.......

" the first thing to do was to get your big hitter sorted out before anything else....as the not so good riders are for or likely available on a Sunday., "

Since we do and have 5 riders signed it's a bit late to be saying what we should have done.

7 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Changed the named race day for the reason you say but Sundays started back end of 2014 and have predominantly continued that way ever since. You can see the logic for logistics and the potential crowd increase from visitors but that's countered by lack of riders and a seeming lack of ambition if there really is any desire to return to what's left, in name anyway, of top level speedway in GB.

Unfortunately there seems little ambition from the Promoters or the majority of remaining fans to return to the so called top flight