British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

Why not rebuild the side with Nicholls and Kennett?

1. Nicholls

2. Lambert

3. Ulrich

4. Lunna

5. Kennett

That top 5 would get put us into play-off contention. Give Grondal and Palm Toft a couple of thousand (use the Torun money) and say goodbye.

Edited by JeremyCorbynFan

No, sorry, I guess that we will have to live with this side, and hope. Don't forget that Lunna is still a great signing, could go much further in the sport.

9 hours ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Why not rebuild the side with Nicholls and Kennett?

1. Nicholls

2. Lambert

3. Ulrich

4. Lunna

5. Kennett

That top 5 would get put us into play-off contention. Give Grondal and Palm Toft a couple of thousand (use the Torun money) and say goodbye.

Lambert isn't a number 2 but you know what i agree with you.  This shamblesof a team could be resolved before it starts 

2 hours ago, Flappy said:

Lambert isn't a number 2 but you know what i agree with you.  This shamblesof a team could be resolved before it starts 

2 hours ago, Flappy said:

I can see your point but I don't think it will happen, any credibility the management would have after making those decisions would be a very risky thing to do after they've been named as signed contracts riders for 2018. Definitely not the thing to do as it's already hard to get the right calibre of riders due to riding on Sunday's and making such changes would only make it harder as riders wouldn't know if there team place was safe before a wheel being turned. Management have made a pigs ear of team building yet again and it looks like supporters are going to have to live with it until the next set of averages come into effect then any rider with a dip in form cannot complain if they find themselves  being replaced. 

Problem is due to the short season i think it'd be far too late to wait for change.

Reading the comments from MPT after he was dropped last time (due to poor performances) by Panthers sees him look a bit two faced.

Either Ostergaard or MPT at number 5 is laughable especially given how protected Ostergaard was last season riding at 4.

Can we just get someone else to build the team on future please?

Edited by Flappy

10 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Problem is due to the short season i think it'd be far too late to wait for change.

Reading the comments from MPT after he was dropped last time (due to poor performances) by Panthers sees him look a bit two faced.

Either Ostergaard or MPT at number 5 is laughable especially given how protected Ostergaard was last season riding at 4.

Can we just get someone else to build the team on future please?

My thoughts  on the team building for 2018 are that because of the original £28,000 fine handed down and the waiting for the hearing for the final outcome , team building was put on the back burner as Ged  didn't know if he would be running speedway or not and by the time this was all sorted most teams had gone a long way to finalising there teams , thus we have to pick up the leftovers. Unfortunately that's what we have and will  just have to get on with it. Any intentions of running in 2019 should be making plans around September 2018 , leaving it till November/ December is just creating problems as we are now finding out

Once he gets dialled in the Peterborough track will be perfect for Nike . If he can stay injury free this season he could easily put 2 points onto his average . 

• Like 2

Top lad is Nike had a chat with him on Friday he’s looking forward to the year all preparations have gone well just needing some bike time

not really that much footage of luna doing the biz . 

some old stuff and with buckhave/chessel and hansen involved . 

not that much to get excited about. but he has had some decent races @ wucky . 

• Like 1

So why did Glasgow not want to keep Lunna on what people keep saying is an attractive 5.90 average?

My thoughts.

Kennett will be off to Newcastle.

Nicholls to Peterborough.

Grondal will be sacked before turning a wheel in order to get a 2nd string in and Lambert at reserve.

1. Nicholls

2. 5.76 - Kasper Lykke Nielsen, Bradley Wilson-Dean, New Danish rider maybe. 

3. Palm-Toft

4. Lunna

5. Ostergaard

6. Lambert

7. Bacon

Edited by Matt Ford Fan

It had been mentioned that if Scott didn't get a team place, it could be discrimination.  So if Scott does get a team place, wouldn't that be discrimination against Lakeside?  As they were told they couldn't use him.

• Like 1